New Spin Halyard

Status
Not open for further replies.

cmorin

Nov 10, 2004
- - Falmouth, ME
I would like to add a spin halyard to my 1989 Catalina 30. I would like to have it internal but don't know if there is an exit hole in the mast for another halyard? Does anyone know if there is an exit hole ? I have been using the spare jib halyard. Thanks CM

Jun 3, 2004
- - Guilford, CT
Should be

4 exit holes at the bottom of your mast. You'll have to cut a hole and add a chafe fitting about 3 ft or so below the masthead and add a spinnaker crane fitting.

Mar 31, 2004
Catalina 380 T Holland
There was on my '87

My '87 C-30T had an exit plate on the port side about 5 feet below the mast head. I had a swivel block mounted to the front of the crane. The Genoa and the Spinaker halyards exited the port bottom of the mast using the Catalina exit blocks and were led through the halyard organizer under the traveler to clutches on the cabin top. To keep the Hood roller furler from catching on the spin halyard (when it wasn't in use), I led the halyard over the port upper shroud and attached it to the grab rail. Worked great. I was never able to keep the halyard away from the upper swivel either attaching the unused spin halyard to either the bow pulpit or to the mast. Steve Alchemist C-30T #4764 Alchemist C-320 #909

Status
Not open for further replies.