New Sovereign forum

Sep 26, 2012
Hunter 31 Lynch Station
Well, Phil, I don't actually own a Sovereign just yet. That will change on Tuesday. I'm buying a Sovereign 23 in very good condition. I looked at a lot of boats, starting with a Herreshoff Eagle 22, but decided I would rather saul than sand and varnish. I'll try to drive some traffic to the forum. Thanks for creating it.

Oct 19, 2017
O'Day 19 Littleton, NH
Since I had no idea what a Sovereign sailboat was, I found a nice little brochure for Sovereign Yachts that looks pretty interesting. I especially like the looks of the Sovereign Bay Hen 21' looks like a sharpie.

But then there's this 36 meter yacht. I'm guessing this one isn't what you had in mind, though.

-Will (Dragonfly)

Sep 26, 2012
Hunter 31 Lynch Station
Interesting that the flyer doesn't show the Sovereign 23. I'll admit, Sovereign wasn't my first choice. I needed something trailerable as the lake that I live on has no facilities for hoisting boats, or stepping a mast. I first looked at a very nice Herreshoff Eagle 22 but she had deteriorated over the past year and did not want to spend next summer sanding and varnishing. My second choice was a Com-Pac 23/3 but there are few to be found and after talking with a few people it looked like launching from a trailer could be a problem. Enter the Sovereign 23. I found one in great shape with lots of extra equipment, ready to float off the trailer and go sailing. Picking her up Tuesday, then getting some pilings installed to secure my dock.
Sov23 Profile.jpg

Dave

Forum Admin, Gen II
Staff member
Feb 1, 2023
Any Sovereign 23 owners out there? Just picked one up!
Probably not. In the past 5 years only 9 SBO members have listed Sovereign as the brand of sailboat they own. Of those 9 only 1 has been seen this year and that was 6 months ago.

May 12, 2023
Hunter 146 East Falmouth
sovereign 1.jpeg

Probably not. In the past 5 years only 9 SBO members have listed Sovereign as the brand of sailboat they own. Of those 9 only 1 has been seen this year and that was 6 months ago.
Thanks!