new sheets/halyards needed

Aug 13, 2020
Sirius 21 mass
just purchased a 81 Sirius21 and there are no halyards or sheets. it came with a main sail, genoa, and a jib. can anyone give me the lengths and sizes of theirs so i can replace mine

FDL S2

Jun 29, 2014
S2 7.3 Fond du Lac
follow this link: Running Rigging Calculator
Then use the drop downs to find your boat. It will tell you how much line you need for each sheet and halyard. Then put it in your cart and the proper line will be sent right to your door.
If you have any questions or if your boat isn't listed contact @Dave Groshong and he will help you out.

Aug 13, 2020
Sirius 21 mass
thanks, I'll use the Sirius 22 they have listed...next question can i just tie the lines to the sails or is it better to use some sort of SS clips?

FDL S2

Jun 29, 2014
S2 7.3 Fond du Lac
I wouldn't tie them directly to the sail, I would tie halyard shackles to the line and use that to attach to the head board of the sails. They sell them on this site.

Oct 22, 2014
CAL 35 Cruiser #21 moored EVERETT WA
can i just tie the lines to the sails or is it better to use some sort of SS clips?
Yes and no. Maybe.

Lines have for centuries been tied to sails.

When you want to take the sail off the boat you need to untie the line. In a hurry you might cut the line. But then you need to fix the cut rope before it frays. Cutting line not a great idea unless in a real hurry.

Innovation make a metal clip (shackle) to tie onto your line, then you can attach and unattach the clip to the sail as much as you please. Metal fasteners come in all sizes snd great for halyard to sail head connection yet can be dangerous if the sail is flapping about in the wind (like a jib clew).

Enter the use of dyneema line strong as steel but light density and the soft shackle. Great for a jib clew to sheets but not as good for the halyard to head of Sail attachment.