New Sensibulb - Even Brighter Than The Last Ones

Feb 6, 1998
Canadian Sailcraft 36T Casco Bay, ME
The new Sensibulb, that just began shipping last week, is nearly 40% brighter than the ones I tested back in December 2008. LED BULB REVIEW (LINK) When I plugged them in I was STUNNED!!

According to Nick, one of the owners of Sensibulb/SCAD, they have had four output upgrades since I ordered my last bulbs in 2008. This most recent change is a major change from the two emitter design to a single emitter design. To say the least these guys stay on top of the technology and don't rest on just having a "good" product as they want to sell the "best" product.

While many other LED's have remained unchanged in technology, output and color temp and dropped the price accordingly, as their technology became like a dinosaur saddle, the Sensibulb price has remained the same but the technology is and has always been totally cutting edge and the "latest and greatest".

I honestly did not think it could get much better than the ones I have been using but it has. I bought one of the first Sensibulbs to ever hit the market at the first boat show they displayed at. That bulb is still going strong and has LOTS of use on it.

The new ones are about equal or better than a 20W halogen and the color is very warm and pleasing. While not cheap they are about the best you can buy and also have no radio interference something that plagues other LED bulbs. With LED's I have found that you do get what you pay for. I own three different generations of the Sensibulb, as well as many other LED bulbs, and the Sensibulb is just an AMAZING product. Yes, you may pay more, but you actually get more.

I have no vested interest in the Sensibulb company but am willing to pay the premium as I have found no equal or substitute at any price.

The new bulb has only one teeny tiny LED emitter as opposed to the two of the last model but is still the brightest LED interior bulb I have seen. The Sensibulb was the brightest LED Practical Sailor tested and this one is a full 35-40% better in output than those. I have seen 10 emitter bulbs not even half as bright as this new Sensibulb. If the technology keeps going at this pace we will soon see LED car headlights and LED's lighting baseball stadiums.

Oh and the two pesky things that bugged me about my 2008 bulbs was the dinky little wires and the rather wimpy G4 clip that held the bulb in place. They have now beefed up the wires and made the clip a LOT more robust.

Two thumbs up to Nick Cancro and the crew at SCAD for keeping on top of things and listening to customer feedback!!!

June 2010 Sensibulb (even Sensibulb does not have a photo of the new ones):

2008 Sensibulb:

Blitz

Jul 10, 2007
Seidelmann 34 Atlantic Highlands, NJ
It's amazing that they switched the the two emitter design to a single emitter design and it's brighter! I have always liked their previous design (except that the two emitters looked odd behind my existing covers). I have replaced about 75% of my bulbs with the Sensibulb and found them to be a huge saving s in power and would recommend them.