New sails for h44DS

May 8, 2004
Hunter 44DS Sea Cliff YC, NY
S/V Breathless needs new sails, I think. Mainsail she came with (2007) has full length vertical battens for roller reefing into mast, the roach in starting to look pretty baggy. Thinking of replacing main with vertical non-overlapping battens, might fit better, although never had a problem with the furler, and vertical battens make a huge difference for roller furling mains, my 410 didn't have battens and was much less efficient. Trying to decide between standard Dacron and fancier Mylar/Poly. Don't race much but don't like to go slow.
And as long as I'm at it, new jib might be nice. Anyone replace jib with bigger (>100%)?
Ideas?

kenny

Sep 30, 2009
hunter 410 oyster bay n.y.
S/V Breathless needs new sails, I think. Mainsail she came with (2007) has full length vertical battens for roller reefing into mast, the roach in starting to look pretty baggy. Thinking of replacing main with vertical non-overlapping battens, might fit better, although never had a problem with the furler, and vertical battens make a huge difference for roller furling mains, my 410 didn't have battens and was much less efficient. Trying to decide between standard Dacron and fancier Mylar/Poly. Don't race much but don't like to go slow.
And as long as I'm at it, new jib might be nice. Anyone replace jib with bigger (>100%)?
Ideas?
steve i would think of making a better head sail for theboat. ken