New Sail Suggestions & Sail Maker in Chesapeake Bay

jsmac

Jan 22, 2008
Hunter 410 Severna Park, MD MD
Hi Folks,

I have a 1998 Hunter 410 in the Chesapeake Bay, near Annapolis. I'm looking to buy new sails but need a good sail shop/maker. Can you suggest one? I want to keep the underperforming reefed main as it suits our needs. You're suggestions are appreciated.

Scott

Mar 3, 2003
Hunter 356 Grand Rivers
I just bought replacement sails from North Sails out of Milford, CT for my Hunter 356. I am on Kentucky lake, so did this long distance. They are the 3DI Nordac cruising sails and I am very pleased with the sails and the process end to end. Excellent support and follow up - and the product is beyond any sail I have ever seen. PM me if you want more info, but I highly recommend them.

Sep 15, 2013
Catalina 270 Baltimore
I am a little late to the party but I recommend Ullman Sails in Eastport. They are local and have always done good by me. He will take the time to talk to you and he will honestly evaluate your sails. They clean and maintain my sails.

Mar 29, 2017
Hunter 30t 9805 littlecreek
Bacon sails there in Annapolis are the nicest people ever and they make it right every time

Sep 15, 2013
Catalina 270 Baltimore
Bacon is good also and stocks many used sails. These are two of many sail lofts in the Naptown area. No need to go mail order here.

Jun 3, 2004
Catalina 42 115 Annapolis, MD
I am a little late to the party but I recommend Ullman Sails in Eastport. They are local and have always done good by me. He will take the time to talk to you and he will honestly evaluate your sails. They clean and maintain my sails.
Too late. Out of business.