New S25 owner here...

Oct 28, 2014
Seidlemann S25 Lake Norman
Hi everyone, Just bought a s25 and don't have a clue yet! I've never sailed before and I've got alot of questions,but I'll try to ask them one at a time. So here's the first question.. Can someone tell me what this thing is? and what it's for?...thanks

Attachments

caguy

Sep 22, 2006
Catalina, Luger C-27, Adventure 30 Marina del Rey
On a chance you are not spoofing us. The lever is your throttle /gearshift control. With the small knob pulled out the lever is free increase the motor rpm by either moving it forward or back. With the knob in it will increase the rpm and engage the transmission in either forward or reverse. You should have had a similar one on your power boat.

Oct 28, 2014
Oh, well that would make sense, if my boat had a motor.There is part of a mount and some cut cables on the stern (someone must have stolen the motor).

Aug 26, 2014
Seidelmann 295 Barnegat Bay
congrats on the boat. sorry to hear about the motor but there are plenty out there. where is lake norman?? I sail Barnegat Bay here in NJ. mostly small boats but have just bought an S295 and she sits on the side of my house for a full refit... looking forward to a winter of wood and epoxy in tight spaces and then spring on the water...

Oct 28, 2014
HI Zoomtoob,
thanks and congrats to you too. Lake Norman is in North Carolina,just NW of Charlotte. over 600 miles of shoreline and about 20 miles long