New Rudder

Diek

Jun 22, 2020
Hunter 34 34 Cataumet, MA
I need a new rudder for my Hunter 34. Any one have suggestions on where to purchase one?

Artey1

Jul 18, 2019
Hunter 34 Oklahoma
Here on Sailboat Owners in the shop you can purchase one. You can also check out Rudder Craft and have them make you a custom rudder. Is the original beyond repair? Unless it was completely destroyed they usually can be repaired. Do you have more details on the damage?

Diek

Jun 22, 2020
Hunter 34 34 Cataumet, MA
Thank you for the feedback. I have not seen the rudder as of yet. They are pulling the boat out of the water today and I will know more about the extent of the damage when I see it. I did check out Rudder Craft. It did not seem like they had a rudder for my size. I have to call them. I just spoke to Newrudders.com. They can make a new one within two weeks for $2,100.

Jan 22, 2008
Hunter Catalina 400 PORT JEFERSON, NY
I previously had a H37C which I had to replace the rudder as I had bent shaft. At that time, Foss Foam out of Florida had been making the rudders for Hunter and had the mold. I was able to order a new rudder and had them increase the thickness of the rudder tube to eliminate that weakness.

Alan J.. S/V Skol C400, former owner of '85 H37C Valhalla