new rOnDAYvous thread.............who's coming

Status
Not open for further replies.
Jan 22, 2007
Oday 23 Cedar Creek Marina Bayville NJ
Shirts

Hello Pete, How do we find the PDF file for the shirts. I don't know were to look on the site. Thanks

Oct 21, 2005
Oday 26 Indian Cove, Guilford, CT LIS
Go up to resources snd click on PDF file

download/upload.

Jan 22, 2007
Thanks Appleman

I always loved the comercial were the guy is staring at his keyboard insisting "there is no any key on this key board". That is what I was doing looking for the shirt file. Thanks

Jun 2, 2004
Oday 35 Staten Island, NY
Decisions, decisions...

Wow, now I have some serious questions to wrestle with. Do I stick to my trusty big-body acoustic guitar, or do I pack the Ovation acoustic/electric, the mic and stand, maybe the guitar amp...? If the 2008 rOnDAYvous is going to turn into the mother of all SOS performances, how could I not take full advantage? Another reason why I oughta move up to a 40. Pete s/v EmmieLou (O-322) Little Silver, NJ

Jul 8, 2004
S2 9.1 chelsea ny
all you will need

is your instrument...................(Ovation IMHO) I will take care of the rest (remember I'm a music teacher with lots of "STUFF")

Jan 22, 2007
Pete

We are going to join the flotila. Don't know if we can keep up with you folks in the bigger boats, but we have heart and going to give it a try. Wife and I just completed the ASA 103 course based out of none other than Newport Marina. Planning on launching our 23 from Liberty State Park unless you have better advice for us. So plan on seeing the Maat Family "On Eagles Wings" at Newport on Wedesday.

Jun 2, 2004
Fantastic!

Scott, Great to hear you'll be joining the fleet. Don't worry about keeping up -- I'll make it my business to keeping the group as together as possible. And once I know how many to expect in our little traveling band, I'll make some arrangements for a place to stay on Thursday (about halfway between the Battery and Chelsea). Sorry our paths didn't cross at Newport. Maybe they did and neither of us knew it. Nonetheless, I'm sure we'll more than make up for lost time in the "getting to know you" department next month. Finally, launching at Liberty State Park sounds like a pretty good idea to me. If I think of any other options, I'll be sure to pass 'em along. Pete s/v EmmieLou (O-322) Little Silver, NJ

Jan 22, 2007
Thanks Pete

The course was on an IP 420 "Symbiosis" with Capt. Stu. tied to the North docks. We had a great time and learned much. I would highly recomend them. I am going to send you an E-mail with my cell phone #

RAD

Jun 3, 2004
Catalina 30 Bay Shore, N.Y.
Scott

Can your 23 do 5 knots? if so there should be no problems

Jan 22, 2007
Yes

We have an old Johnson 9.9. We can do 5 knots with a bit over half power and have a pretty good fuel economy at that speed also.

Jun 2, 2004
Not alone

We'll probably have another O-23 joining the flotilla, coming in from Port Washington, so you won't be alone. The way things shape up at this point, I'm anticipating anywhere from 7 to 10 boats heading upriver together: two 23s, a 26, a 27, a 322, a 32cc, a 37cc, possibly one or two 30s. And for all I know, if the Coxes and Meisters decide to join the parade, we'll have two 40s as well. Part of me would like to be on the GW Bridge to take photos of this impressive grouping going by. Maybe I'll try to talk a friend into doing the camera work for us. Stay tuned for more details. Pete s/v EmmieLou (O-322) Little Silver, NJ

Jul 8, 2004
S2 9.1 chelsea ny
a new record???

Ok. so we're a few weeks away but I'm feeling like we might set a new record for this year's rOnDAYvous...........In order to insure this, you NEED TO COME!!! Whether by car, boat or plane (it's been done before). Email me (asax123@yahoo.com ) or Pete D. (pooby_99@yahoo.com) for all the important info..............

Jun 2, 2004
Something for everyone

Fun for the whole family (including activities for the kiddies), or a relaxing getaway for just the Captain and Admiral. This rOnDAYvous is going to be the best ever in any and every sense of the word. As one rOnDAYvous rookie said after his first time at the event, "If you didn't have a good time here, it's your own damn fault!" Let me or Mike C know of your plans real soon so we can finalize the head count for the big Saturday barbecue. We'll see you in Chelsea. Capt. Pete D s/v EmmieLou (O-322) Little Silver, NJ

Jun 2, 2004
Bump

One week to go before the big Hudson River flotilla gets underway for Chelsea, and the 2008 rOnDAYvous! Is everyone psyched? How could you not be? See you all there! And have a great 4th of July weekend. Pete s/v EmmieLou (O-322) Little Silver, NJ

Jan 22, 2007
Back on Trailer

We hauled today to get her ready and packed for our trip on the Hudson. Looking forward to meeting many of you folks. Even the kids are excited about the trip. Lord willing we will launch at Liberty State Park on Tuesday. Pete I called Newport and left a message to book a slip, they did not call back. I will try again tomorrow or Saturday.

Jun 2, 2004
No worries, mate...

They'll get back to you, Scott. The marina manager, Iris Hirsch, is sort of a one-woman gang in many respects, so she's sometimes out on the docks more than she is in the office fielding phone calls. When I get up there later today, I'll mention to her to check her phone messages. I've already told her that a bunch of O'days should be coming in this week; it's time for a reminder, now that the countdown has begun in earnest. Looking forward to meeting you, too. See you in a few days. Have a great 4th of July weekend. Pete s/v EmmieLou (O-322) Little Silver, NJ

Status
Not open for further replies.