New Raymarine Transducer

Nov 4, 2019
Islander Mark II St. Helens OR
Hi, We are in the process of installing new electronics on our '88 Hunter Legend 37.5, and does anyone know if our hull is cored or solid (or where I can get that information)? I prompt reply would be appreciated since the electrician is wanting to do the install asap. Thanks, sincerely, Nicole

Jan 24, 2017
Hunter 34 Toms River Nj
pretty sure the hull is solid.

Before drilling holes for transducer you may want to try to install it using a plumbing wax seal for a toilet or clear silicone instead of drilling the hull. Transducer will work provided no air pockets or bubbles in the fiberglass If the hull is cored then this method will not work. But again I don’t know the hull has core, as I understand the decking was cored.

to verify the transducer can be mounted without drilling holes. Place the transducer into a bag of water and move it around on the hull until you get a reading. I used this method for a few reasons.

First don’t like holes in the boat.
Second I was able to set it level to the keel instead the curvature of the hull therefore getting a more
true reading under the boat. Also I was able the slightly angle the transducer forward to read the bottom just a bit forward of the boat.
Third easier to service and replace if needed

Hope this helps

Nov 4, 2019
Islander Mark II St. Helens OR
Hi Capt. Robbie, I was able to find the info. on my Hunter Legend and yes...it is a solid hull:)! We have a thru-hull transducer so no drilling required. Cheers...Nicole