new ranger owner

Status
Not open for further replies.
Oct 7, 2008
Ranger 26 Mandeville, LA
live outside new orleans, bought a 26' ranger/gary mull design/1971.
in really good shape. roller furler,depth sounder,2 year old sails ,bottom done 2 year ago ,surveyed, compass,auto tiller pilot,new vhf radio,
spinnaker,sock,pole,handheld gps,bimini top,9.8 4 stroke nissan 2yr old,12 life jackets,throw ring,danforth anchor,etc starting to refurbish most of the interior. sand and revarnish oak, revinyl interior,reupholster all cushions,install and glass new battery mounts,will reteak toe rails and top hatch slides. i do have the original papers from the manufacture. will glass some areas under the helm that is not as strong as i would have liked. have not even sailed the boat yet. get the work done then have the fun.. i have sooo much talent in doing this right it scares me.. i am happy to be in this forum with you sailors

Oct 7, 2008
Ranger 26 Mandeville, LA
just to let you 26 footers know, i am restoreing the interior of my r26. the portlights that slide open are faded/cracked/leaking. got with taylormade for my new ports. very little to cut out for them to fit. original opening is6x15 3/8. the orig. company that made them closed shop in 1986. these are a lower price than all the rest.
the battery box area has rotted out,so i just laid up another mount. will lay up one more on the port side for house power. the helm area seat area did not have enough layup under cover to bilge, so it is getting the thick glass treatment.(port side also)
numerous screw holes to be filled . main hatch sliderail to be new teak. ah the labor of love and my retirement funds ha. more to this list to go .

Dec 13, 2008
Santana 30/30 GP Fort Walton Yacht Club, Florida
Welcome Richard

Congrates on your purchase of the Ranger 26. Sounds like you've been having fun all fall and winter getting her back in shape.

I'm your neighbor from Fort Walton Beach Fl, up in the Pan Handle. I own two Ranger 23's and have had to conduct a fair amount of work to get them back and shape, and one of them into racing condition.

Hope you've been having fun with your retrofits, and that come warmer weather, we'll see you out on the bay and on the Gulf.

Dave

live outside new orleans, bought a 26' ranger/gary mull design/1971.
in really good shape. roller furler,depth sounder,2 year old sails ,bottom done 2 year ago ,surveyed, compass,auto tiller pilot,new vhf radio,
spinnaker,sock,pole,handheld gps,bimini top,9.8 4 stroke nissan 2yr old,12 life jackets,throw ring,danforth anchor,etc starting to refurbish most of the interior. sand and revarnish oak, revinyl interior,reupholster all cushions,install and glass new battery mounts,will reteak toe rails and top hatch slides. i do have the original papers from the manufacture. will glass some areas under the helm that is not as strong as i would have liked. have not even sailed the boat yet. get the work done then have the fun.. i have sooo much talent in doing this right it scares me.. i am happy to be in this forum with you sailors

B

blawknox

ranger 23

Congrates on your purchase of the Ranger 26. Sounds like you've been having fun all fall and winter getting her back in shape.

I'm your neighbor from Fort Walton Beach Fl, up in the Pan Handle. I own two Ranger 23's and have had to conduct a fair amount of work to get them back and shape, and one of them into racing condition.

Hope you've been having fun with your retrofits, and that come warmer weather, we'll see you out on the bay and on the Gulf.

Dave
I have a 23 don't know what I'm doing but damn the torpedos. Is it normal to have a split backstay to this 23? What I mean is it (factory) or some thing that someone with more know how than me added. 72 Ranger #47 KentDangel@sbcglobal.net

Status
Not open for further replies.