New portlight in Oday 272

Jan 7, 2011
Oday 322 East Chicago, IN
That looks great. Was it a direct replacement (size, shape) for the original? I have an outboard port light on my O322 that is missing the hull-side trim and needs to be replaced,

Greg

Sep 16, 2014
Oday 272 Ventura
I did the cutout myself and installed. Oday never put a port window in the 272. Crazy because it makes the boat look and feel great. The time took about an hour to complete.

Pat

Jun 7, 2004
Oday 272LE Ninnescah Yacht Club, Wichita, Ks.
The LE model 272 has a rear port window in basically the same location ....However, I would say your's looks better....our's is a black plastic beckson I think.

Sep 16, 2014
Oday 272 Ventura
Pat I didn't know that about the LE model. I do not like that beckson window. They seem so cheap. I have them in the head area and the water just lies in the well and does not drain. Really poor design. I got that bomar window for 80.00 brand new off of ebay. Lewmar makes a similiar window. If I ever have a problem with those head windows I will change them out with Bomar or Lewmar and change the poly glass.

Pat

Jun 7, 2004
Oday 272LE Ninnescah Yacht Club, Wichita, Ks.
The port in the cockpit is a 'rain-drain' type so water is not allow to stand on the sill...the aluminum port just looks a little better....the Beckson has never leaked due to the drainage provided.....I think; and may be wrong, that I could drill several small holes in my sill on the head ports and eliminate the standing water...those two do not leak either...only when opened..then watch out...I have a stereo amp on the hanging locker side so I usually place a big fluffy beach towel there for a moment or two when first opened to absorb the flood; but I've had this boat since 1986 so its just a few seconds of terror when I open the head ports. But I do love my boat...it is a dream to sail for a boy in
Kansas.