new owner

Status
Not open for further replies.
Dec 7, 2012
Kittiwake 23, Irwin 43 .. Indianapolis / indianatown, fl
hello all

I am the new owner of a kittiwake 23 sailboat... it is a full keel boat designed by Carl Alberg, and built by the kenner boat company in Arkansas ... there were only 286 boats built by the Kenner boat company... the kittiwakes were continued to be built after a merger with AJ Interprise, and later by Ray Green and co. ... then the river city sailcraft company built some too...

for a sailboat built back in the late 60's, she is a solid little boat... I am greatly looking forward to getting her on the water n the spring... I will post pictures as I get work done on my boat... I plan to set it up for solo sailing... mostly it will be me, my wife, and my dog (tigress) sailing on the boat....

we plan to have many adventures on our boat... My wife named our boat the 'Xing Fu' ...

sincerely
Jess

Dec 7, 2012
Kittiwake 23, Irwin 43 .. Indianapolis / indianatown, fl
hello

I picked it up today and brought it home... dropped it off at the marina earlier in the evening... I am so excited to begin making her mine... I have been on a racing crew on a boat just like her only smaller... the owner of the boat I am racing crew for is a 1967 Corinthian 19 ft... my Kittiwake is a 23 almost 24 ft boat, with the same designer and basic characteristics too... I will feel right at home with the kittiwake....

it needs allot of cleaning inside and out, new bunk boards on the trailer, new lights on the trailer, the teak needs to be reconditioned, navigation lights need to be installed, new ropes, new sails, new paint below and above water line, new deck paint, new inside paint job too, and some other things.... mostly cosmetic to be done to her...

here are pictures of me picking it up ... when I got there, I saw it had 1 mast on top of the sailboat strapped down, and 3 more on the trailer along with 2 booms... so I have extra parts I do not need... I recognized 1 mast is for a hobiecat 16 catamaran... the other 2 I am not sure, they are slightly smaller and shorter than the hobiecat mast... not sure what I will do with them...

sincerely
Jess

Attachments

Status
Not open for further replies.