New owner!

May 27, 2004
Hunter 30_74-83 Ponce Inlet FL
Hello Jrz. Welcome to our forum. I have owned a 1979 H30C since new.
Is this your first boat? First Hunter?
Give us the "back story"
G.

Jan 27, 2022
Hunter 30C 5 Barnegat, NJ
First boat I have actually owned. Did a lot of sailing with the folks, back in the day. Now that the kids are grown, and I have a bit of time on my hands, I wanted to get back into it. Thought about getting something a little smaller (trailer sailer), but I knew the boss would not be happy with something that didn't have a full head and a decent galley. Looked at a few different boats (hunter 31, hunter 28.5, etc.) Until I found this one. A little older than others I had looked at, but the PO was second owner and took impeccable care of her. Lots of upgrades. There are a few changes I would like to make, but she's basically ready to sail. Can't wait for more favorable weather so I can get her out.

Jun 21, 2004
Beneteau 343 Slidell, LA
Congratulations & welcome to the forum.
Lots of Hunter owners as well as other folks, on this site, who can help you!

Oct 6, 2007
Hunter H30 1982 Chicago IL
Congrats and welcome to the forum.
I have owned my ‘82 H30 since 2006 and started sailing on it with the previous owner in 1998.

Ward H

Nov 7, 2011
Catalina 30 Mk II Barnegat, NJ
@JrzSailor Welcome to the forum and congratulations on your new boat!
I see you're in Barnegat? We must be neighbors. Where are you slipping your boat?

Brazil

Aug 16, 2017
Hunter 37C Forked River, NY
Congratulations. Planning to have my 37C in the Forked River State Marina this summer also. Looking forward to meeting. Last winter, had it at Mariner's Marina in Barnegat; mixed bag there. Skilled, but lots of attitude.

Jan 24, 2017
Hunter 34 Toms River Nj
Congratulations,
That a great boat. Sailed my father’s for years and taught sailing on them.
Great first boat to learn on, very comfortable to sail , and perfect for weekend trips.
You are going to fined that it’s a really well designed and easy to sail boat.
Very forgiving if you make any newbie mistakes while leaning the ropes.

Good luck and welcome aboard ⛵

Jan 24, 2017
Hunter 34 Toms River Nj
Jrz,
Forked river marina is very nice, looks like we will be Barnegat bay neighbors. I keep my H34 in Toms River at Light House Point hopefully get to see you on the water this summer. My father had a 1977 hunter 30 and we loved it.
Sailed all of Barnegat bay and to Nantucket just about every summer as a kid. Very comfortable cruising boat.
Good luck

Aug 10, 2010
Hunter 36, Quarter Berth Model Placid Harbor, Cuckold Crk, Patuxent River
Congrats - enjoy her as much as possible. Glad to see another well-fitted classic 80's plastic cruiser. Seems like she is well equipped for extended cruising. Looking forward to hearing about your adventures.

Jan 27, 2022
Hunter 30C 5 Barnegat, NJ
Finally sailed her down from Sayville to Barnegat inlet. What a great trip! Steady 10 - 15 mph winds pretty much the entire way. Got buzzed by the Blue Angels practicing for the weekend airshow as I passed Jones Beach! She's at her new home slip in Forked River. See you on the bay!