New owner of an old Cat 30

May 19, 2015
Catalina Catalina 30 East Greenwich,RI
I have recently lost my mind and bought a 76 Catalina 30 :) I'm 3 weeks into it, and have already ground back the smile and repaired it. Bottom paint is going on this week with an expected launch next week. I'm trying to get the interior cleaned up so it's hospitable to guests after years of neglect, dirt,mildew,mold,oily bilge etc etc.

A couple questions and advise request from the forum.

The boat really needs improved ventilation. I was thinking of a Vetus UFO Mushroom combination above the head and some louvered vents cut into the companionway hatch just to start off with? Wondering what others have done?

Also, the front v berth and aft berth cushions are pretty played. I would have thought that there would be a source for these but I've been unable to find one.

c27dan

Oct 24, 2013
Catalina 27 Long Beach
cat 30 resources

Pete, join this group, great info and archives:
https://groups.yahoo.com/neo/groups/catalina30/info
For cushions/fabric patterns call Catalina Yachts and they will give you contact info on a guy that took on that part of their biz. A friend used him and was very happy...
good luck,
Dan
I have recently lost my mind and bought a 76 Catalina 30 :) I'm 3 weeks into it, and have already ground back the smile and repaired it. Bottom paint is going on this week with an expected launch next week. I'm trying to get the interior cleaned up so it's hospitable to guests after years of neglect, dirt,mildew,mold,oily bilge etc etc.

A couple questions and advise request from the forum.

The boat really needs improved ventilation. I was thinking of a Vetus UFO Mushroom combination above the head and some louvered vents cut into the companionway hatch just to start off with? Wondering what others have done?

Also, the front v berth and aft berth cushions are pretty played. I would have thought that there would be a source for these but I've been unable to find one.

c27dan

Oct 24, 2013
Catalina 27 Long Beach
Catalina Interior and Canvas Shop Inc.
"Hilario"
Woodland Hills, Ca
He has archived patterns, fabric, etc.....
Dan