New owner of an Islander 34

Aug 7, 2014
Islander 34 East Jordan
Hi all, I'm new to this forum and am the proud new owner of a 71 Islander 34 in need of restoration. Just wondering if any of you have any tips on good resources you wouldn't mind sharing about Islanders. I'm particularly interested in any technical owners manuals if they exist.

Feb 26, 2004
Catalina 34 224 Maple Bay, BC, Canada
Hi, noticed you haven't had any replies. Have you tried a Google search? I notice a lot of hits by doing so, many which may help you out, since no activity here. Good luck, nice boat, congratulations.

Aug 7, 2014
Islander 34 East Jordan
I did a google search, but haven't come up with an owners manual for boat itself. I did find a manual for the atomic 4, and manuals for the instrumentation and even the toilet, but not the boat itself. I'd like to find something on the electrical panel. Thanks for your reply.

Jan 1, 2006
Slickcraft 26 Sailfish
I assume this is a seventies era boat. The manual is more like a brochure. There would be some rigging details and specifications but nothing like what folks expect in 2014. I'm not surprised you didn't find more.
Electric panel? You can't even know that it hasn't been reworked once or more times since the factory. Deal with what it is.