New owner 322

Jan 20, 2019
O,Day 322 Fort Pierce
just picked up a 322 keel area is in great condition so not worried about that ( I know a lot of discussion has been had about the keel, I’ve lurked and read most on here), I will do a few upgrades but will see how things go as is for a bit.
143F8C78-1EFA-4225-81E4-3DE1E6D98DC4.jpeg

Jan 7, 2011
Oday 322 East Chicago, IN
Welcome aboard!

I hope you enjoy your 322 as much as I like mine. I have had Tally Ho for about 5 years. Lots of fun to sail and a nicely equipped cabin.

I have a few 322-specific videos on my YouTube channel...
Here is one. You can find the rest from there...

You can also check out my website...
Www.wcwebs.com/oday322

Enjoy, and let us know if you have any questions we can help with.

Greg

Jan 20, 2019
O,Day 322 Fort Pierce
Tally Ho your posts were one of the deciding factors on going ahead and getting the boat
Thanks for the welcome

Jun 1, 2007
O'Day 322 Mt.Sinai
Welcome aboard! I'll be starting my 4th 322 season in a few months. This is a great place to ask questions and search old posts for information. in addition, I recommend the O'Day Sailboat Owners group on Facebook. It's very active.

Best of luck with your 322!!

Jan 20, 2019
O,Day 322 Fort Pierce
Facebook banned me for my photography or I’d join the group lickity split.

We start home with the boat Friday morning crossing Florida along the Okeechobee waterway.

Jan 2, 2017
O'Day & Islander 322 & 37 Scottsdale, AZ & Owls Head, ME
You made a great decision. Oday was way ahead of its time. I love my Bella Zee. Adding a bowsprit and furling Code 0 or asymetric spinnaker has enhanced it considerably.
The only design feature I didn’t like was the location of the fuel cutoff in the cockpit locker. It was a hassle - required two people or leaving the helm. I had it moved to outside the locker, next to the other engine controls. Otherwise the design was perfect.
If you have any questions, I’m sure we 322 owners can answer them.

Jun 1, 2007
O'Day 322 Mt.Sinai
I agree about the fuel shutoff AlastairLC. One of these days I'll move mine as well. Are you on the Facebook group?

Oct 22, 2014
CAL 35 Cruiser #21 moored EVERETT WA
Facebook trust no one,
But there are so many folk who want to be my friend. Are you saying there are bad peoples? Oh the horror.
It seems like people in vans offering candy if you’ll just come and get it.
Not fair.

Jan 20, 2019
O,Day 322 Fort Pierce
I know, I miss all the lovely ladies wanting to be my girlfriend on there, still can’t believe they all love me and are willing to let me send them money and gift cards

Jun 1, 2007
O'Day 322 Mt.Sinai
I didn’t know there was one Mickstr. (I’ve been avoiding Facebook but maybe I’ll have to give in. Sigh)
Like everywhere else online, you need to be careful. I joined to keep track of my Grandkids. But, I gotta tell, you, the O'Day Owners group is great. But, if you aren't comfortable there, that's fine too.

Jul 15, 2014
Oday 322 Freeport, Bahamas
I'm positive you'll love your 322. I bought mine as a "fill in boat" while looking for a Bayfield 36. Now I'd never give up my 322. I have done a lot of mods and turned her into a great live-a-board in the Bahamas.
I'm only 72 so still to young for facebook.