New Name

Status
Not open for further replies.
Nov 11, 2008
Oday 34 Noank, CT
Since this forum is mostly questions and answers, I thought I'd just post some what the heck pictures.

We renamed our girl

Pre-ceremony discussions with the Admiral giving directions

The new name

On the mooring

BarryL

May 21, 2004
Jeanneau Sun Odyssey 409 Mt. Sinai, NY
Very nice!

Smooth sailing to you.

Barry

Aug 23, 2005
Oday 28 Racine WI
You may have heard that changing boat names is bad luck. A lot of sailors don't believe it.

I changed a boat name back in 1980 because it was called Jive Turkey. Major bad luck rained down on me, including losing my job and almost running out of money. I'll never do that again. If I don't like a boat's name, I won't buy it.

Your new boat name is great. I wish you fair winds.

Bob Lendvay

DannyS

May 27, 2004
Beneteau 393 Bayfield, Wi
Our first O'day (O'day 27) was named Hammertoes when we bought her. The story was that one of the previous owners was a pediatrist. We just had to do something about it and felt that no boat deserved that name. I think the boat was relieved to be relieved of that name and kept us safe the whole time we sailed her.

Aug 20, 2010
Oday 27 Oak Orchard
Hey, could you do me a favor and measure the width of the shear stripe from the rubrail to the lower edge of the stripe? Much appreciated if you can.

Jan 22, 2008
Oday 35 and Mariner 2+2 Alexandria, VA
I have a renaming ceremony approved by Neptune himself. It has worked on two boats, that have ended up better than before. PM or email me for the write up. Fair Winds,

Dan

Status
Not open for further replies.