new kid on the block

Status
Not open for further replies.
K

k d

just got here and was vwondering about the good bad and the ugly places to cruise in the lower bay I'm in deltaville area

M

Marc Honey

Where o' where, are we tonight?

Lower bay, deltaville where!!! I don't have a clue where you're talking about!

R

Rick Webb

Start at Barton Springs

Going towards Bevo's when you get to Saluda ask for directions. If you make it all the way to the Rappahanock turn right you can't miss it. The Dairy Queen in Tappahanock has the best Blizzards for miles around, worth the stop.

R

Rusty Fitzgerald

Its All Good!

In and around Deltaville (Virginia, for those of you who have not had the pleasure) there is an embarrasment of riches in selecting sailing grounds, dockage, and amenities. Deltaville itself has a number of nice marinas on Broad Creek (first creek to port as you come up the Rappahannock river from Stingray Point) and on Fishing Bay and nearby creeks on the south side of the peninsula. A good place to start is Norton's (www.nortonyachts.com), the local and very well respected Hunter dealer. For Catalinas, service, dockage and fellowship, try Dozier Yachting Centers on the south side of Broad Creek. There is even a West Marine store centered on the peninsula, in case you need to lighten your wallet for increased sailing performance . . . Farther up the Rappahannock on the south bank is Regent Point, my home port, a very nice sailing community. About 7 NM farther up the Rappahannock is the town (and Creek) of Urbanna. And that is just Middlesex County! Both North (Northern Neck) and South (Guynn's Island, Mobjack Bay, Wicomoco River) feature many ports of call, each with its distinctive allure. I don't know of any "ugly places", as mentioned in your post, although both courtesy and safety dictate giving way to the many, many crabpots found in the shallows of these waters all summer long. Whatever you decide to do, welcome to the Middle Peninsula. Rusty Fitzgerald S/V "Solace"

Status
Not open for further replies.