New Jabsco Regular Installation

Status
Not open for further replies.
Nov 18, 2010
Catalina 310 Hingham, MA
Aug 24, 2009
Catalina 310 Sturgeon Bay, WI
I am confused? The shower sump and the ice box drain share a common valve under the galley sink, with a Y-Valve. The pump either empties water from the ice box, or more common is left in position to suck the shower water out when showering. Neither the head intake or the sink out take are part of this system. I can see where using the sink (head sink) drain as intake for the head could be a nice idea and flush with fresh water. We just use the shower head to put a little fresh water in the bowel to flush.

Feb 26, 2004
Catalina 34 224 Maple Bay, BC, Canada
Thanks Stu.

Just want to make sure I understand you setup. The head sink outlet and the head pump inlet share the same thru-hull. Correct? The shower sump is not on it's own in your setup.

The C310 is slightly different but if I have your setup right it would be easy to change to something similar.
Jesse

Yes. The head INLET and the sink OUTLET share the same thru hull.

However, the shower sump has its own thru hull and is "on its own." It used to be........ahhhrrrg, it's all in the link. :)

Nov 18, 2010
Catalina 310 Hingham, MA
I am confused? The shower sump and the ice box drain share a common valve under the galley sink, with a Y-Valve. The pump either empties water from the ice box, or more common is left in position to suck the shower water out when showering. Neither the head intake or the sink out take are part of this system. I can see where using the sink (head sink) drain as intake for the head could be a nice idea and flush with fresh water. We just use the shower head to put a little fresh water in the bowel to flush.
Mine is the same. We are talking about a potential mod using Stu's C34 as an example.

Sorry to confuse.

Status
Not open for further replies.