New Hunter being launched

Jun 8, 2004
-na -NA Anywhere USA
As a former dealer, I use to launch sailboats this way.. The paint is new but is distorted in the picture and you will need to rotate the photo. Could not ramp launch as the water was very low during the draught at Kerr Lake also known as Bugs Island. Found this the other day and wanted to share this with you.
dave condon

ps that was me saluting

Attachments

DArcy

Feb 11, 2017
Islander Freeport 36 Ottawa
That's how we launch our boats. Up until about 10 years ago all boats at our club were launched with construction cranes then we installed a fixed crane with a rating of 5000kg (11,000lbs); we still bring in construction cranes for boats bigger than that. Although there is no bridge involved and, for liability reasons, no one saluting on deck any more. Here is my C&C27 launching in 2007
IMG_5538.jpg

Jun 8, 2004
-na -NA Anywhere USA
Now for the rest of the story. Boat in water, wind kicks up pushing the boat back into the bridge gusting to 25 knots. Crane held us off till a bass boat came by and offered to pull us away. Unstrapped the boat and was towed from the bridge. Whew! Going down the lake I noticed water in the bilge. Oh crap, taking on water. It turned out someone at the factory forgot to put a bolt back when winterizing the engine. Brought tools and all kinds of stuff in my toolboxes and found the correct metric bolt to put back in. SAVED BY THE BELL!

Salesman asking why I stopped putting the anchor over. Told him by phone water coming in but fixed.. he was glad delivery was a week off.

Got back to dealership and chewed out the contractor who had prepped engine. Upon delivery, white glove inspection by the buyer who complimented on the boat being clean with no issues. Had a pint of shine as a gift since he liked homemade peach brandy. After a few sips, came out the truth. Owner laughed. A few years later he purchased a 44 footer. As for getting home my salesman had to drive me home as that moonshine got the best of me. I wonder why? Crazy? All in a day’s work