New Holding Tank Location?

Status
Not open for further replies.
P

Paul

Hi Guys, I am thinking of adding a new holding tank to my 1990 37 Legend. Currently I have the factory 10 gallon tank located up behind the head. Has anyone out there installed a larger tank elsewhere in this particular boat? I have identified a nice 18 gallon tank I could install up underneath the nav station. It could be installed up against the hull underneath the nav station. I would need to build support structure to hold the tank but this would be pretty easy. It would however be alot of potential weight up on the side of the boat....I like to keep the weight down low and centered if possible. I was also considering a tank located under the sole in one of the floor compartments. I thought this might be the ideal location as the head discharge, after a loop, would be downhill so to speak. With the current design, one must pump lots of water to lift the head contents up into the holding tank. The under floor design would be best for weight distibution also. Any thoughts would be appreciated. Best Regards, Paul

Status
Not open for further replies.