New Head Hoses

Nov 6, 2006
Hunter 34 Mandeville Louisiana
Just finished changing all the stinky hoses in the head/holding tank system on my H 34.. Bit the bullet and used the SantiFlex. The hose was easy to work with and smells MUCH better than the 30 year old hose that it replaced. Kind of a bugger to cut because of the two stainless wires inside, but not too bad. Special thanks to Peggy for the info that she has in her book!

Last edited:
Oct 3, 2014
Marlow-Hunter MH37 Lake City, MN
I love that Saniflex hose. I didn't think cutting it was all that hard. I used a hack saw to cut through most of it, then dikes to cut to wire. One cut to length, I cut the wire once more to cut as much off as I could, as close to the hose as I could.

Jan 11, 2014
Sabre 362 113 Fair Haven, NY
30 years in the heat of LA, you got your money's worth out of the old hoses. Amazing how much better a boat smells with the old hoses out of it.

Nov 6, 2006
Hunter 34 Mandeville Louisiana
Plenny7, yup, that is what I ended up doing too. I used a utility knife and dikes for the wire.

Feb 26, 2004
Catalina 34 224 Maple Bay, BC, Canada
Maybe this hose is different, but with all the reinforced wire encased hoses I've worked with, I just sliced the hose and used the wire cutters on a pair of needle nosed pliers to clip the wire. Am I missing something?

Jan 22, 2008
Hunter 34 Alameda CA
Good job Kloudie. I did the same a few years ago. Just removing old hoses and tossing them out on the dock made a noticeable difference inside. I used a hacksaw to cut the hose and the cutters on vise grips to cut the wires.