New Hardware on Traveler

Status
Not open for further replies.

dj2210

Feb 4, 2012
Catalina 30 Watts Bar
In case anyone was thinking about upgrading their traveler, I installed this hardware recently on my 23 year old traveler. At first I thought I had made a mistake at the size of it compared to the streamlined original, but after using it I'm glad I did. Has 5:1 purchase as compared to the original 3:1. Track is the same and was easy to add (pay particular attention to not lose any bearings). Bought it from CD and made the lines long enough to reach while sitting close to and just forward of the wheel.

Attachments

weinie

Sep 6, 2010
Jeanneau 349 port washington, ny
What was the installation process like? I always shied away from purchasing that from CD because in their pictures, it looked like they used some sort of riser brackets to mount the track on rather than the original (in my case) teak blocks. It looks like you have similar fiberglass blocks to mount the track on. Was their any additional drilling?

May 29, 2013
catalina 30 dana point
I need to replace the cars on my Cat30, too. The sheaves on my old cars broke. Can the sheaves be replaced? My guess is the cars are OEM.

thx

Feb 26, 2004
Catalina 34 224 Maple Bay, BC, Canada
Mr. Garrrison, many have suggested Garhauer as a source. They know the C30 and similar boats. I upgraded our traveler system to the 5:1 years ago. Garhauer came up with the side brackets way back when they were designing the replacement for the old curved tracks. If you have a flat track, they'll get you cars, sheaves, and any thing else you think you need. Guido, Bill or Mark are very helpful on the phone. They made me up a "special" which consisted of removing the cam cleats on the end stops so that I could run the control lines through a single grommet (one on each side) with the cam cleats at the aft end of the coachroof.

Attachments

Status
Not open for further replies.