• Mobile App For Android Now Online!

Download it here. The app is searchable in the Google Play Store under Sailboat Owners.

Sorry iPhone/iPad users, we are still waiting on Apple. :(

Click the X in the upper right corner to make this go away

New Forums: Questions, Suggestions, Comments

May 17, 2004
Beneteau Oceanis 37 LE Havre de Grace
Just noticed this weird little thing, at least on iOS Safari - It looks like the country flags over avatars only show up after you preview a profile. For example, open a thread and look at the avatars for all the posters - they’re all just the avatars of the users. Then view the profile preview for any user (click their name in iOS; maybe hover over it on desktop?). After that, all of the users on that page have country flags overlaying their avatars.

Jun 1, 2015
Macgregor 26d rocky fork
Using safari on a iPad. I go to the new posts link. The “mark as read” button is extremely hard to touch. It’s about a 50/50 chance that I hit it or launch into the thread. Any chance this can be made easier to touch?

May 7, 2012
Hunter e33 Maple Bay, BC
Using safari on a iPad. I go to the new posts link. The “mark as read” button is extremely hard to touch. It’s about a 50/50 chance that I hit it or launch into the thread. Any chance this can be made easier to touch?
I agree it is hit and miss with big fingers and when the iPad is positioned portrait but it gets easier when turned to landscape.

Jun 1, 2015
Macgregor 26d rocky fork
I agree it is hit and miss with big fingers and when the iPad is positioned portrait but it gets easier when turned to landscape.
I think it’s more than fat fingers. I use landscape 100% of the time on this device (iPad). I have been concentrating on hitting the button only because I don’t like wasting time going to a post I have no interest in.

I have noticed the “mark as read” will blink or highlight and then it takes me to the post. I think only the text is the link and not the entire button. If the entire button cannot be activated, maybe the mark as read could be moved to the extreme right or left so it is not encompassed by the link to the thread.

Phil Herring

Dethroned Admin
Mar 25, 1997
Hunter 450 Bainbridge Island
I'm mostly offline today but I'll take a look at that. I think we can make the link larger and move it away from other elements.

Phil Herring

Dethroned Admin
Mar 25, 1997
Hunter 450 Bainbridge Island
Just noticed this weird little thing, at least on iOS Safari - It looks like the country flags over avatars only show up after you preview a profile. For example, open a thread and look at the avatars for all the posters - they’re all just the avatars of the users. Then view the profile preview for any user (click their name in iOS; maybe hover over it on desktop?). After that, all of the users on that page have country flags overlaying their avatars.

I am so sorry @Davidasailor26, I must have missed this when you posted it! Same thing happens on my phone and it's super weird. I'll take a look at the code but I suspect it's going to be too risky for me to mess with it. I'll definitely see what the author has to say about it.

Aug 1, 2011
Catalina 270 Wabamun - on the orange ball
and then 13.x.1 will come along to replace the current 13.x and that'll fix everything.