New Forum Section????

Jun 7, 2016
Catalina C30 Warwick, RI
So I'm not sure if this is the proper place to post this, but I had a thought and wanted to ask yours and the moderator's opinion's on the matter. How would people feel about seeing if the mods could start a new section for completely non-sailing related questions. Here is my thinking, there are several things I would like info/opinions on from you all pertaining from house hold stuff to vehicles and everything in between. My thinking is 1) I feel that we all have a lot to contribute from our experiences and knowledge outside of sailing. 2) I trust a lot of your opinions more than other forums and websites since we all tend to be more like minded and "somewhat" think similarly. 3) I really don't want to have to join other forums to get info / opinions for one off answers.

For example I want to get a generator for my house and am struggling to find the reasoning behind spending 2 to 3x more for a Honda generator over Generac generator. I would love to ask you all these kinds of questions but don't feel this is an appropriate place to do so.

What do you all think? Would anyone else think this is helpful or am I barking up the wrong tree?

Oct 19, 2017
O'Day 19 Littleton, NH
Scroll down the list of forums until you get to the 'Sail Call Lounge', under the heading 'Off Topic'.

Those mods think of everything.

:thumbup:
-Will (Dragonfly)

• Helpful

Phil Herring

Alien
Mar 25, 1997
- - Bainbridge Island
The Lounge will work, although it's an intriguing idea. Let me give it some thought @ontherocks83, and feel free to ping me if I don't get back to this in the next few days.

Jun 7, 2016
Catalina C30 Warwick, RI
Scroll down the list of forums until you get to the 'Sail Call Lounge', under the heading 'Off Topic'.

Those mods think of everything.

:thumbup:
-Will (Dragonfly)
You have a good point but I was thinking of something more home/ life/ technical specific. I might be splitting hairs a bit, but I was envisioning kind of like a section for Boat Type subjects but for home and other life interests that people might want help with or technical advice. Such as house generators, lawn equipment, plumbing, camping/backpacking gear and camping hacks. Since most of us don't live on boats and have lives outside of sailing it's really for anything "technical" you can think of that you want to tap into the local knowledge base for without having to join other forums.