New England in late October - early November

Oct 19, 2017
O'Day 19 Littleton, NH
If you happen back this way and are interested in some mountain scenery, I would welcome you to the littleton area and the White Mountains. The skiing here is, ah hem, uniquely NE. (read, steep and icy). They say, if you can ski Cannon, you can ski anywhere.
I'm glad you enjoyed your trip. I hope you make it back soon.

-Will (Dragonfly)

Feb 20, 2011
Island Packet 35 Tucson, AZ/San Carlos, MX
They say, if you can ski Cannon, you can ski anywhere.
They say the same thing about Michigan.
Pet peeve: which state doesn't utilize the phrase "Don't like the weather? Wait 15 minutes, it'll change"?

Jan 25, 2011
S2 11.0A Anacortes, WA
If you happen back this way and are interested in some mountain scenery, I would welcome you to the littleton area and the White Mountains. The skiing here is, ah hem, uniquely NE. (read, steep and icy). They say, if you can ski Cannon, you can ski anywhere.

-Will (Dragonfly)
Will, have you ever skied Sunday River?

Jan 1, 2006
Slickcraft 26 Sailfish
I cut my teeth skiing in New England. It took me a long time to learn to ski in powder when I finally found some.

Oct 19, 2017
O'Day 19 Littleton, NH
You can find powder in New England. You've usually come out of control and found it in the woods:(

-Will (Dragonfly)

Jun 11, 2004
Oday 31 Redondo Beach

-Will (Dragonfly)
The Whites were one of the highlights of the trip. We drove down 116 from Gorham to Conway then across the 112 Kancamagus highway to N. Woodstock then up the 93 to Franconia then down the 116 over to the 10 and down to Quechee. Unfortunately the Mt. Washington auto road was closed due to snow but we had some great short hikes and sightseeing. Thanks for the invitation., it looks like we were pretty near your neck of the woods. What amazing country.

We have skied quite a bit (in the past) mostly in the Sierras, and driving through the Whites my wife and I both commented several times "wow, those are some steep ski runs"!

Last edited: