New e33

Status
Not open for further replies.
May 1, 2011
Hunter e33 Bristol
I understand that a new model -- the e33 -- will supplement or replace the 33 starting in June or July as a 2012 model. Anybody know about this? Specifically, I wonder if the cockpit will be enlarged as was done with the e36 vs the previous 36.

May 10, 2004
Hunter MH 37 Manitowoc, WI
Looks like I will end up with one of the last old style models. I don't like the E36 as much as the previous 36, so thats A-OK.

May 28, 2009
Hunter 376 Pensacola, FL
My sources tell me the new Hunter e33 will be the first boat that features Hunter's new proprietary hydrophilic laminar induction bottom coating that's based on some work the Office of Naval Research did. This is supposed to add over two knots to hull speed at all points of sail by reducing boundary layer surface tension. Also, the covalent zinc gelcoat additive that provides much of the hydrophilic property results in formation of an ionization layer that has as a side effect the ability to resist all marine growth for a minimum of ten years. I've also heard the cabin top will incorporate the new ultra-amorphous gallinium arsenate solar cells that EnerTech recently released, which will provide over 90 amp hours a day of power. Personally though, I think that's just crazy talk.

May 1, 2011
Hunter e33 Bristol
An observer near the factory reports seeing what he/she thought was an e33 departing on a truck. So the first e33 is on the way somewhere and surely others will be following. If anyone on the forum sees one, how about a picture?

Dec 19, 2006
Hunter 36 Punta Gorda
Also

I was not crazy about the new H-36 also and glad I got my 2007 H-36 when I did so,but this new e33 sounds very interesting for sure.
Hopefully we will be hearing more and maybe some photo's.
Nick

Sep 20, 2006
Hunter 33 Georgian Bay, Ontario, Canada
I'm not seeing the e33 on the HUnter site anywhere.

Jun 2, 2004
Hunter 37-cutter, '79 41 23' 30"N 82 33' 20"W--------Huron, OH
Get rid of the index: www.huntermarine.com . Then there is "Latest News" scrolling on left with a note about the e33. Click on the little + sign. Well hidden.

Sep 20, 2006
Thanks Ed,

Wonder if they changed the hull as they did on the e36. I was on the e36 at the Toronto Boat Show. Did not like the interior changes, but we use the boat for cruising. These are built more for racing. What I did like was the wider walk-thru transom.

The hull design has been improved, featuring a wider beam further aft as well as a more profound bow hollow. The result of this hull design is a longer dynamic waterline, which means more speed.

Sep 20, 2006
The other thing I've noticed, it appears the e33 has the main sheet, from the boom end, run back to the helm, same as the e36. I noticed this at the Boat Show and checked out how they rigged it. Very interesting and great idea. This puts jib sheets, traveller and main sheet all within reach of the helm.

May 10, 2004
New E33 on the hard

Here's a link to see a picture of the new boat on the hard. I'm not a fan of the huge coamings on each side of the cockpit. It's hard to tell, but I think it would be quite a step into the cockpit. Did they raise the cockpit height to make more room in the aft cabin?

I do wonder what the last Hunter 33 hull number is. I wonder if mine was the last one?

http://www.yachtworld.com/core/list...=1309214177000&photo_name=Photo+1&photo=0&url=

May 1, 2011
Hunter e33 Bristol
Here's a link to see a picture of the new boat on the hard. I'm not a fan of the huge coamings on each side of the cockpit. It's hard to tell, but I think it would be quite a step into the cockpit. Did they raise the cockpit height to make more room in the aft cabin?

I do wonder what the last Hunter 33 hull number is. I wonder if mine was the last one?

http://www.yachtworld.com/core/list...=1309214177000&photo_name=Photo+1&photo=0&url=
From a communication with my dealer, I think they made 623

May 10, 2004
From a communication with my dealer, I think they made 623
Well I have number 620. Almost had the last one.

Looking at the new pictures, I like my boat better than the E33. When we boat shopped, we didn't like the lack of coaming in the corner seats in the Beneteau 34, and it looks like that is the direction Hunter is going with the new E-series. The transom change looks pretty nice though. The write up talks about the improvments to the galley and aft cabin, but no pictures. I like my Nav Station better and think that the flip seat will be less practical.

Something to look at Strictly Sail next winter.

Status
Not open for further replies.