New downloads section (manuals, drawings, specs, etc)

Phil Herring

Alien
Mar 25, 1997
- - Bainbridge Island
It's only taken a few years, but we've finally added a more logical section for downloads like owner manuals, equipment manuals, drawings, etc.

To find the data specific to your boat model to Boat Info -> your boat model -> Downloads. The Downloads link can be found at the bottom of the list of menu items. All PDF files specific to your boat will be found there.

If you wish to upload files, click the Upload link shown. The system will handle files up to 35 Mb, which was more than enough for everything I threw at it today.

Please note: you must be logged into upload or download files, and files MUST be in PDF format. No text docs, Word or Excel files, image files, etc. PDF's only.

Articles with photos about upgrades to your boat should still be posted to the Modifications section. This is for reference material only.

In addition, we have added another menu item under Boat Info that is for PDF file uploads/downloads of information that is not specific to certain boat models. This would include manuals for Yanmar engines or other equipment, as well as any other reference material. Examples include Seaward stove manuals, cdi furler instructions, a float plan form, rig tuning instructions, etc.

The nav tab called "Reference" has been removed and all popular content has been moved under Boat Info. The links to other boating sites have been removed as Google does a pretty decent job of that and I doubt we can handle it any better.

As always, please let me know if you find any bugs or have suggestions on how to improve this.

Attachments

Mar 20, 2012
Cal 34-III, MacGregor 25 Salem, Oregon
I love the new section...
maybe sometime in the future in your spare time (LOL) it could be categorized into.... engines and motors,... inner cabin appliances and electrical components,... deck hardware and rigging,... and trailer.
I can see the current "list" becoming very long, very soon, and these are 4 simple, yet fairly well defined groups that could help in quickly locating something in particular we may be looking for. just a suggestion.....:D

Jul 29, 2010
Macgregor 76 V-25 #928 Lake Mead, Nevada
High Phil, love the new site. Any chance of sorting owners directory by area, state, etc. You guys are doing a great job! keep it up!

Phil Herring

Alien
Mar 25, 1997
- - Bainbridge Island
Look under the Boat Info tab. Some is filed by specific model, but there is much more than is under Boat Info -> Downloads

ejet99

Apr 30, 2010
Venture 224 Belfast ME.
Thank you, What are the requirments of a moderator? I have a Venture 2-24 and I really like this web-site. Just go to CONTACT US ?
Thank you very much ejet99

Kestle

Jun 12, 2011
MacGregor 25 San Pedro
Phil, did I lose all my saved messages when the iPad app was shut down?

Phil Herring

Alien
Mar 25, 1997
- - Bainbridge Island
No. Message access was disabled on the old software, but they should all be here, under the envelope in upper right corner.

This is in the wrong thread and once you read it I'm going to move or delete it, FYI.

Jul 7, 2004
Hunter 30T Cheney, KS
Does anyone know if there is still a site hosting the 5 minute video on the 26C that Macgregor produced? I can't find a link. I want to point to it, not download it. Thanks.

May 30, 2016
Macgregor 25 LakeSide Ohio
Is there any download for the Venture 25 with a pedestal wheel? Documents, owners,
Thanks

Feb 20, 2011
Island Packet 35 Tucson, AZ/San Carlos, MX
Is there any download for the Venture 25 with a pedestal wheel? Documents, owners,
Thanks
Nope. There's some postings in the Mac Forum regarding this, if you use that "quick search" box in the upper right. Type in "steering wheel Mac 25".