New downloads section (manuals, drawings, specs, etc)

Phil Herring

Alien
Mar 25, 1997
- - Bainbridge Island
It's only taken a few years, but we've finally added a more logical section for downloads like owner manuals, equipment manuals, drawings, etc.

To find the data specific to your boat model to Boat Info -> your boat model -> Downloads. The Downloads link can be found at the bottom of the list of menu items. All PDF files specific to your boat will be found there.

If you wish to upload files, click the Upload link shown. The system will handle files up to 35 Mb, which was more than enough for everything I threw at it today.

Please note: you must be logged into upload or download files, and files MUST be in PDF format. No text docs, Word or Excel files, image files, etc. PDF's only.

Articles with photos about upgrades to your boat should still be posted to the Modifications section. This is for reference material only.

In addition, we have added another menu item under Boat Info that is for PDF file uploads/downloads of information that is not specific to certain boat models. This would include manuals for Yanmar engines or other equipment, as well as any other reference material. Examples include Seaward stove manuals, cdi furler instructions, a float plan form, rig tuning instructions, etc.

The nav tab called "Reference" has been removed and all popular content has been moved under Boat Info. The links to other boating sites have been removed as Google does a pretty decent job of that and I doubt we can handle it any better.

As always, please let me know if you find any bugs or have suggestions on how to improve this.

Attachments

Joe

Jun 1, 2004
Catalina 27 Mission Bay, San Diego
Nice........ thanks for the perserverience on this project. A signifigant addition. BTW, any thoughts on adding an FAQ section.