New deck organizers H34

Jan 22, 2008
Hunter 34 Herrington South, MD
We are moving to Harken equipment and upgrading the dual deck organizers to Harken quads. The original deck organizers has two bolts in the middle while the four Harken bolts are at the corners. I was able to Mount the quads in the same spot and drill and tap into the apparent aluminum plate embedded in the deck. I used an mechanical pencil with the lead pulled out 2+ inches to mark where I should drill the anchor holes.
20210404_135254.jpg

Nov 26, 2012
Hunter 34 Berkeley
I considered this setup but the double stack deck organizer located the lines on the top too high to go under the hood without rubbing. How did you solve this?

Jan 22, 2008
Hunter 34 Herrington South, MD
I cut the hood back and will probably put in something to smooth the edge, but the main lines are still on the bottom so no issue. The top lines are only for reefing since I don't like to go up on deck to reef. May need to put in a some kind of line guide under the hood.

Aug 10, 2020
Hunter 34 Austin, TX
In case someone is looking for an easier way to have a double stack deck organizer on a H34. The Schaefer 704-30 is a direct drop in for the original single stack Schaefer one.
PXL_20210914_185838259.jpg

The provided bolts from the double stack organizer need to be shortened but that's it. The new bolts have the same size and distance from each other as the old ones. All in all perhaps a 20 minute job.

I only have use for inner/upper block right now (topping lift) and there's no rubbing on the hood. A line on the other block might require some modification/chafing protection on the hood though.

Last edited:

Db421

Jun 7, 2004
Hunter 34 1986 Lake Lanier, GA
In case someone is looking for an easier way to have a double stack deck organizer on a H34. The Schaefer 704-30 is a direct drop in for the original single stack Schaefer one.
View attachment 198294

The provided bolts from the double stack organizer need to be shortened but that's it. The new bolts have the same size and distance from each other as the old ones. All in all perhaps a 20 minute job.

I only have use for inner/upper block right now (topping lift) and there's no rubbing on the hood. A line on the other block might require some modification/chafing protection on the hood though.
I was thinking about the 5 series single stack to replace my originals. Do you feel the 7 series is necessary?

Aug 10, 2020
Hunter 34 Austin, TX
The 5 series would be fine for the purpose but the distance between the two bolts is shorter and you would need to drill a new hole in your boat. I tried the 5 series first.