New cushions for my 23

Mar 31, 2019
O'Day 23 White Rocks
Really like what you did for your 23' cushions. Didn't know if l could buy the Cad patterns you made. Many of my original cushions were lost.

Mar 31, 2019
O'Day 23 White Rocks
That is an awesome job on the interior of your oday.
I am trying to replicate the cushions for my oday 23 which were lost.
I wanted to see if I could get the cad file that you made?

Ward H

Nov 7, 2011
Catalina 30 Mk II Barnegat, NJ
@Dark and Stormy, Welcome to the forum.
Just an FYI, Did you happen to notice the thread was started in 2013? Technodad hasn't been seen on the site since 2015. You might not get a reply.

Mar 31, 2019
O'Day 23 White Rocks
Thanks for the update. I noticed, but was hoping. Since my cushions aren't there I don't know whete to start. There isn't anything to copy.

Ward H

Nov 7, 2011
Probably best to start a new thread. Maybe something like: How to create a pattern for cushions?
Also check the how to videos on www.sailrite.com. They might give you some ideas.
Also look at photos of your model boat for sale on sites like yachtworld.com or sailboatlistings.com to get ideas on cushions.

Good luck!

Mar 31, 2019
O'Day 23 White Rocks
Thanks Ward.
Unfortunately while I am adequate at keeping the old boat afloat this is a skill I never mastered. I think I've located someone who can do the sewing.
On another front have you ever used Copper Coat bottom paint? I bought it at the boat show and plan to apply it this year.

Ward H

Nov 7, 2011
No, never used that paint. I used to use a paint called Super Ship Bottom from Florida but is a small mom and pop operation and couldn't supply it last time I called. Not sure what I will use this year. I need to ask around the yard.

Mar 31, 2019
O'Day 23 White Rocks
Might want to look at this one. I have been considering it for a few years before taking the plunge.
They claim that it's effective for up to 17 years with a touch up around 8-10 years.
It comes as a kit with a 2 part epoxy that you mix with 5 pounds of powdered copper that you apply in 4 coats.
They recommended 3 kits for my 23 so that would be 15 pounds of copper.
Their instructions are good, but haven't met anyone who has used it