New code for embedding videos

Status
Not open for further replies.

Phil Herring

Alien
Mar 25, 1997
- - Bainbridge Island
The bb code used to embed videos has changed, so it's now possible to embed as many as you want in either new topics or replies.

Here's how it works: Click the YouTube button and the tags will appear where your cursor is.

Between the tags, enter only the YouTube file number, which looks like this: hzqdDoe8FoM

Do NOT enter the entire YouTube url. You can add as many videos as you want, on either new topics or replies.

Last edited:

Kermit

Jul 31, 2010
AquaCat 12.5 17342 Wateree Lake, SC
Thank you for this. And I was beginning to think this forum was serious business. And don't call me Shirley!

Jan 22, 2008
Hunter 37 C sloop Punta Gorda FL
Thanks. Never noticed it and I was just in advanced to post a still picture.

Thanks also for doing it. I don't do video's but i am sure we will see some fun stuff.

caguy

Sep 22, 2006
Catalina, Luger C-27, Adventure 30 Marina del Rey
It's in the lower right corner of the screen dump attached.

If you're posting a reply you need to click the "Go Advanced" button.
I don't see any of the buttons other than the font and size windows. Any clues to help fix?
I use Windows Vista on a Toshiba lap top.
Thanks,
Frank

This is what I see.

Attachments

caguy

Sep 22, 2006
Catalina, Luger C-27, Adventure 30 Marina del Rey
I did click on the advance screen as you can now see. There are still no buttons.
Frank

Attachments

Phil Herring

Alien
Mar 25, 1997
- - Bainbridge Island
Very weird! We might have you in an altered reality. Your prefs look fine. I posted a screen capture below of what my advanced reply looks like on this thread.

Can you send me the full url of the screen where you see what you posted? Please email it to phil at sailboatowners.com so we don't bore everyone else to tears with this. :D

Attachments

Status
Not open for further replies.