New chartplotter

Jun 3, 2004
Catalina 34MKII 1717 Merritt Island, FL
I am looking to purchase a new chartplotter. I currently have a older Raymarine (2005) that is difficult to use. All the electronics on the boat are Raymarine. Any ideas as to which chartplotter I should purchase. I currently do not have radar but might add one in a year or so. Thank you for any input....Gary

Jan 4, 2013
Catalina 270 Rochester, NY
I am looking to purchase a new chartplotter. I currently have a older Raymarine (2005) that is difficult to use. All the electronics on the boat are Raymarine. Any ideas as to which chartplotter I should purchase. I currently do not have radar but might add one in a year or so. Thank you for any input....Gary
Axiom 9 is what I replaced my old unit with.

Feb 21, 2013
Hunter 46 Point Richmond, CA
I like my Raymarine E120 navigation display, albeit 2007 technology. I have two each on a sailboat and powerboat with sonar and radar. However, if you are looking for newest technology I would install Raymarine's newest navigation display, which I understand is Axiom.

Apr 12, 2007
Hunter 420 Herrington Harbor South
All the electronics on the boat are Raymarine
New chart plotter (latest versions) usually means all new everything else to make them compatible, including the communication infrastructure. That is what is keeping me from "new". just not ready to shell out $$$$ or spend days chasing wires. Old display with iPad works fine for me.

Jun 8, 2004
Catalina 320 Dana Point
Radar is only compatible with MFD from same manufacturer so that's usually the deciding factor, otherwise all your RM stuff can be networked to another MFD.