New beginning

Mar 15, 2013
Islander 32 mkll Comox Hrb.
Congratulations Jackdaw! Well done, I just met my dreamgirl in 2010 and we've been married four years now(best friends forever) I'm 52 now and one thing I've learned is you have to put some effort into maintaining a good mariage, it's like maintaining an old truck, if you take care of it the going stays smooth, if not it leaves you on the side of the road hitch hiking!!

Nov 8, 2010
Beneteau First 36.7 & 260 Minneapolis MN & Bayfield WI
Congratulations Jackdaw! Well done, I just met my dreamgirl in 2010 and we've been married four years now(best friends forever) I'm 52 now and one thing I've learned is you have to put some effort into maintaining a good mariage, it's like maintaining an old truck, if you take care of it the going stays smooth, if not it leaves you on the side of the road hitch hiking!!
Are you saying you compare your wife to a old truck?? ;-) interesting advice!

Squidd

Sep 26, 2011
AMF Alcort Paceship PY26 Washburn Wi. Apostle Islands
Don't the new models come with a warranty...?

I've had my current one 38 years now...can be a little Cranky and hard to start sometimes... But once she's fired up she purrs like a kitten...

Mar 15, 2013
Islander 32 mkll Comox Hrb.
Okay, maybe the old truck wasn't the right analogy? Just saying all the best, and I'm sure glad she enjoys sailing like my wife does, the things you can share are the best!

Jan 19, 2010
Hobie 16 & Rhodes 22 Skeeter Charleston
Are you saying you compare your wife to a old truck?? ;-) interesting advice!
I noticed in the original post that you referred to your intended as "almost" perfect... ;)

Better not let her read your post....:badbad:

Nov 8, 2010
I noticed in the original post that you referred to your intended as "almost" perfect... ;)

Better not let her read your post....:badbad:
Ah but you missed my point. I said:

only one thing wrong... left hand.. but I fixed that last Monday.
Only thing not perfect WAS she didn't have a ring from me on her finger. ;^)

capta

Jun 4, 2009
Pearson 530 Admiralty Bay, Bequia SVG
Congrats. I wish you the luck I've had with Nikki. A true partner who loves to sail so much that the girl "who will never cook" is now cooking on charters just to get more sailing in. And she helps in the engine room, too!

DougM

Jul 24, 2005
Beneteau 323 Manistee, MI
Glad to hear that there are still wonderful ladies out there who know how to sail and enjoy it. I recently lost my wife/first mate of 47 years. Congratulations to you all.

Jan 22, 2008
Beneteau 323 Annapolis MD
[QUOTE="Jackdaw,... Are you saying you compare your wife to a old truck?? ...![/QUOTE]

They say love is blind, but marriage is a real eye-opener!

Jan 19, 2010
Hobie 16 & Rhodes 22 Skeeter Charleston
Glad to hear that there are still wonderful ladies out there who know how to sail and enjoy it. I recently lost my wife/first mate of 47 years. Congratulations to you all.
Condolences Doug.

Nov 8, 2010
So sorry to hear that, Doug.

Gunni

Mar 16, 2010
Beneteau 411 Oceanis Annapolis
I recently lost my wife/first mate of 47 years. Congratulations to you all.
So very sorry. Your loss reminds us all how precious these shared years and experiences become. Peace.