New Balboa 26 Owner!

Roofus

Jul 8, 2014
Balboa 26 Trailered
G'day fellow sailors,

I picked up my "new to me" 1974 Balboa 26 last night. The boat has been sitting for the past 5 years under a tree. I spent two hours pressure washing her, and now it looks like a sailboat again. The rigging will need lots of attention and everything needs to be resealed. The trailer is pretty decent, needs some paint here and there, but it works. So, here I am, ready to put this baby back on the water (after some much needed love)

Jan 1, 2006
Slickcraft 26 Sailfish
Congrats and Welcome to this forum. There are other Balboa and Balboa 26 owners here. I think its a nice boat in the trailerable genre. Enjoy!

Jan 19, 2010
Hobie 16 & Rhodes 22 Skeeter Charleston
A place for new parts...

G'day fellow sailors,

I picked up my "new to me" 1974 Balboa 26 last night. The boat has been sitting for the past 5 years under a tree. I spent two hours pressure washing her, and now it looks like a sailboat again. The rigging will need lots of attention and everything needs to be resealed. The trailer is pretty decent, needs some paint here and there, but it works. So, here I am, ready to put this baby back on the water (after some much needed love)
Hi Roofus

I also have a new-2-me Balboa 26. I got mine a year ago this Spring. And I've already had three great adventures in her.

Here is a website you will want to bookmark

http://www.sealsspars.com/

It is a guy named Steve Seals and he carries replacement parts for Balboa Sailboats. When the company that made the parts closed, he purchased all their inventory.

He is kind of old school. You have to call a phone number and leave a message and he will call you back. But the upside is he will talk with you and make sure you get exactly the right part... and he even goes over subtle details of the installation with you. I've purchased new spreaders and spreader brackets from him already and I'm sure I'll be buying more stuff as I upgrade my boat.

Dec 7, 2012
Kittiwake 23, Irwin 43 .. Indianapolis / indianatown, fl
hello all

welcome to the family... sounds like you got yourself a new baby to have fun with... last fall I rescued a Kittiwake from a farmer who let it sit on his farm for 10 years unused and neglected... I am still in the rebuild phase...

I have sailed on the Balboa before... very nice boat... I liked it a lot... you will have many great adventures on it...

again welcome to the forum and family...

do not be afraid to ask questions or seek advice.... there is a world of knowledge here to draw upon... have fun

sincerely
Jess

Roofus

Jul 8, 2014
Balboa 26 Trailered
Thanks everyone for the warm welcome. I have tons of questions to ask!