New Balboa 22 owner

Status
Not open for further replies.
Jun 11, 2011
balboa 22 Milton, FL
Just bought a balboa 22 and am new to sailing. Boat is sailable and needs tlc more than anything. Am located in the Florida panhandle area near Pensacola. The boat did come with an owners manual and have already figured out a few items by reading it.

Attachments

r.oril

Oct 29, 2008
MacGregor 26D and Catalina 30 26 - 30 Lancaster, CA
I brought my boat home for the first time, put the mast up, hung the boom and raised the sails while still on the trailer. Didn't have a clue. There was no wind at the time or I would have been sailing on dry land.
I'm just saying.

Attachments

Jun 11, 2011
balboa 22 Milton, FL
Figuring things out

Part of the purchase was a quick sailing lesson. While we switched trailers I got about 45 minutes of instruction.

By reading the owners manaul some things were figured out. Like how to remove the winch handle. The plywood there needs replacing.

Now a question. The winch wire for the rudder goes through a rubber hose as it comes off the spool. What kind of material is inside the rubber hose?

Jun 11, 2011
balboa 22 Milton, FL
I brought my boat home for the first time, put the mast up, hung the boom and raised the sails while still on the trailer. Didn't have a clue. There was no wind at the time or I would have been sailing on dry land.
I'm just saying.
Do you have a better photo of the rigging for raising the mast? Mine came with a mickey moused "A" frame that uses the winch on the trailer.

Jan 25, 2011
none none none
Just bought a balboa 22 and am new to sailing. Boat is sailable and needs tlc more than anything. Am located in the Florida panhandle area near Pensacola. The boat did come with an owners manual and have already figured out a few items by reading it.
I recently purchased a Balboa 22 that I am re-finishing. My boat did not come with an owners manual. Is it possible for you to copy yours and send me a copy, or maybe it could be scanned and emailed to me. Thanks, and I will cover any costs that you incur.
Vince S.

Jun 11, 2011
balboa 22 Milton, FL
Anybody wishing to contact me with questions or sujestions about this boat can e-mail me.
HDWL1947@aol.com

I am in need of a photo showing the interior of this boat. Am interested in what it looked like in it's orginal layout w/portapotty, sink, and bulkhead by entry way.

Status
Not open for further replies.