New 380 "checklist"

Status
Not open for further replies.
G

Greg G.

I am collecting lists from anyone that went through a recent 380 purchase. While I intend to check everything as best I can, I figured if you fine folks can help me focus on problem areas, it will assist me in spending my time wisely. If there are items that end up in all the "hit" lists, that is where I can start! Any help would be greatly appreciated. I have added my email in a link if there you a soft-copy hit list you might have worked up. Thanx and HOW RULES!

S

Steve

Wiring

I have a 320, and I suspect that the same type of problems exist in all the boats. The DC lighting is installed with butt splices, and they left up to 1/4" bare wire hanging out of the splices is some places. That left the positive and negative leads bare right next to each other. The AC wiring had nicks in the insulation where they trimed the outer insulation back. Might be a good idea to pull out a light or two and check their wiring, as well as looking at the AC outlets. The DC wiring was covered unser warranty, but I'm still waiting to hear what they are going to do about the AC. Overall, I'm happy with the boat and the dealer. Hunter has been responsive but slow. I don't like the idea of "discovery" to find all the problems within the year warranty, but it is a production boat and priced well under others of the same size.

S

Steve

Too New To Tell

Greg, Just took possession of my new 380 last week, so we're still in the discovery process. During commissioning, the dealer was meticulous about insuring everything was connected and rigged corrrectly. They will be giving us an orientation on all systems later this week, but I've got to tell you I wish I had done this sooner! The boat is a dream to sail and handle. Regards, Steve S/V Options

M

Marty

If you provide...

...me with your email address, I'll provide you with a list of things that I found on my new 380 that I took delivery of this past April. I'm only asking for your email, because I don't have time to do it now and this thread will be off the list by the time I have time to answer you. Hope that makes sense. Marty mwarble@bellatlantic.net

Status
Not open for further replies.