New 311 owner Lead Ingots ??

Status
Not open for further replies.

reworb

Apr 22, 2011
Beneteau 311 Ft Myers Beach
Just bought a 2004 311 swing keel. The boat is a long way from me and I hired a delivery skipper. He called me and said he had found numerous lead ingots located on one side of the boat. He removed them as the delivery will be offshore and he didn't want them flying around in case of a knock down etc.

My question is, is this something the factory put in or one of the prior owners. I would ask the prior owner but he died and I have no idea who the prior prior owner is.

Oct 6, 2010
Beneteau Oceanus 321 Carters Pt.
We have a 1997 321 and had to add counter balance weight after we installed a new ,bigger and much heavier battery bank in the cockpit locker.The previous owner may have had the same issue

Apr 30, 2010
beneteau 331 victoria
ditto on my 331,

they are port heavy, my plan is to remove the lead acid 4D battery in the locker and install AGMs under the after stateroom starboard.

gord

Feb 12, 2012
reworb said:
Just bought a 2004 311 swing keel. The boat is a long way from me and I hired a delivery skipper. He called me and said he had found numerous lead ingots located on one side of the boat. He removed them as the delivery will be offshore and he didn't want them flying around in case of a knock down etc.

My question is, is this something the factory put in or one of the prior owners. I would ask the prior owner but he died and I have no idea who the prior prior owner is.
The counter weights are standard factory equipment. My 311 came with weights on the port side
Rich

Status
Not open for further replies.