new 10/4 owner

Status
Not open for further replies.
Jun 18, 2012
Irwin 10/4 Brooklyn
Just became the new owner of a 1975 10/4 and so far I'm loving the beamy little thing. She's been kept in good shape, so much so that she's a bit of a timecapsule, lots of potential for updating. Naturally I have a ton of questions, but I'll start with an pretty insignificant one; Can anybody recomend a good boarding ladder for this vessel? thanks.

Oct 3, 2012
Irwin 10/4 OK/KS
We just bought a 1974 Irwin 25. Although neither of us has even been on a sailboat before we are absolutely looking forward to learning how to sail this one. We went down and spent the night on it this past Saturday, then spent sunday puttering around on it with the trolling motor to get the feel for it. We loved it but that beam has got to be raised. Planning to go spend another night on it this Saturday as long as the weather isn't too rough.

Jul 29, 2010
Irwin 25 NC
Brooklyn...I think the transom on your 10/4 is a bit different but maybe you get get some ideas from the stern view of an Irwin 25 with a boarding ladder. The picture cuts off the top step (really the bottom step when folded down -it's a 4 step boarding ladder that folds up to the top of the stern rail). Check out the store tab on this forums tool bar above and search for boarding ladders. Hope this helps some.

here is another ladder option
http://www.riggingshoppe.com/browse.cfm/folding-swim-ladder-4-step/4,17325.html

...Andrew

Attachments

Oct 3, 2012
Irwin 10/4 OK/KS
No I meant the boom as I am quite certain while coming out of the cabin I don't whack my head on the centerboard...lol. and as I understand this can be raised.

Feb 10, 2013
erwin 10 4 cocoa
center board

We just bought a 1974 Irwin 25. Although neither of us has even been on a sailboat before we are absolutely looking forward to learning how to sail this one. We went down and spent the night on it this past Saturday, then spent sunday puttering around on it with the trolling motor to get the feel for it. We loved it but that beam has got to be raised. Planning to go spend another night on it this Saturday as long as the weather isn't too rough.
I am looking at a 10 4. How does the center board operate? where is the wench or what ever raises and lowers it?

Feb 10, 2013
erwin 10 4 cocoa
center board

Just became the new owner of a 1975 10/4 and so far I'm loving the beamy little thing. She's been kept in good shape, so much so that she's a bit of a timecapsule, lots of potential for updating. Naturally I have a ton of questions, but I'll start with an pretty insignificant one; Can anybody recomend a good boarding ladder for this vessel? thanks.
I am looking at a 10 4. How does the center board operate? where is the wench or what ever raises and lowers it?

Status
Not open for further replies.