Never say never

Jan 1, 2006
Slickcraft 26 Sailfish
If you've spent a day trying to stay in the shade of the boom and sail cover while motoring in no wind, you just might be a Bimini buyer.

Sep 25, 2019
2002 Cat 22 MkII Lake Somerville
I joined the Bimini club last summer. I will unequivocally say that it's the best purchase I've made thus far for the boat! And whatever inconvenience the Bimini may cause in not letting you see the mainsail, etc...it's far outweighed by having the comfort of sitting in the shade on that hot summer day. :thumbup:

Jun 14, 2010
Robertson & Caine 2017 Leopard 40 CT
Been a member of the bimini club for years. Even if it's not hot, the sun promotes skin aging and cancer. My next boat will also have AC :waycool: and a generator. I've only felt the need for AC a few times each year, but it would be nice to have when it's 90 degrees and 90 percent (or when it's been foggy and damp for days and everything in/on the boat is wet). It used to be ALL about the sailing and performance under sail... but now I want some comfort, too.

RoyS

Jun 3, 2012
Hunter 33 Steamboat Wharf, Hull, MA
Plus one for the bimini. I just installed mine this season. Great to be out of the sun. I am 72, I think, and I get dehydrated easily. The bimini helps keep me comfortable. My standard poodle, Argos, discovered the bimini shade and has seldom come out of there since. He, like you, used to move around with the shadow of the mainsail, no more.

Jun 21, 2004
Beneteau 343 Slidell, LA
Bimini is an absolute necessity on Gulf coast. Have had five boats over the years and all were equipped with biminis. Wouldn’t leave the dock without one!

Nov 6, 2006
Hunter 34 Mandeville Louisiana
Having sailed several boats without a bimini, when I bought my boat in '91, it didn't have one; I had one installed as soon as I took delivery. Delivery trip (Kemah Tx to Mandeville, LA) was over 300 nm. and we were very happy to have shade and rain protection.

Dec 5, 2011
Catalina Catalina 22 13632 Phenix City
Me Previously: ”Biminis are pointless here and they block the view”

Me this year: ”I wonder what a Bimini and wrap around screens would cost ?”
I bought some plastic towel clips that fit the tubes of my bimini for that very reason. When the sun get's low it's nice to be able to clip a beach towel on that side of the bimini and then remove it when needed. A nice cheap fix that dries your towel as well.