Need to pull swing keel in H22

Nov 13, 2020
Marlow-Hunter 22 Lake Murray SC
I have a 2013 Hunter 22 and something broke on the swing keel. How do I remove it?

Jun 8, 2004
-na -NA Anywhere USA
Look under boat information for the Hunter 22 and go to downloads. Bottom download is the manual for your center board system. Read it first.

Then I suggest reaching out to @chuckwayne and @Hunter216 for help as they know your swing keel/centerboard

Former Hunter dealer

Nov 13, 2020
Marlow-Hunter 22 Lake Murray SC
Thanks for the advice, but the manual is not detailed enough and show only the center board of a different model, not the swing keel. I will reach out to the other people you mentioned.
Thanks again

Jun 8, 2004
-na -NA Anywhere USA
Best to take a picture. Is there any manufacturer I’d on it. If so, advise. Do you have to pump up the keel? I thought the same keel mechanism was used on the 22 as on the 216. Additional information is neededc

Jun 8, 2004
-na -NA Anywhere USA
@Michael K

Review of the swing keel/centerboard for both the Hunter 216 and 22 are the same built by Sailtec with the same diagrams in both owner’s manuals as I suspected.

Terminology though is ambiguous which needs to be corrected. The correct terminology is swing keel which gives you ballast and to control drift sideways as in the 216 owners manual. The terminology of centerboard in the 22 manual is incorrect. A centerboard is designed to control drift sideways like in the waterballast sailboats. A good example is the Hunter 23.5 and 260 as the ballast is in the water.

My suggestion to contact @chuckwayne and @Hunter 216 are the best I know too refer you to. I retired in 2010 as I cannot remember everything about that swing keel system. Just to confirm what I suspect was a photo and mfg information on what you have in your 22