Need Source for Universal M-18 Air Filter

Jun 5, 2012
Catalina 30 Lake Ouachita, AR
I need to replace the air filter on my M-18, and I can't find one on any Web site.
Does anyone know where I can buy one or, ev en better, buy material suitable for making one?
Thanks to anyone who can help.

May 7, 2011
C - 30 # 3573 Lake NormanNC formerly Bflo NY
jr

Are you referring to the foam silencer?
Part no 300429 from your local Westerbeke dealer. You can buy any part online at the Westerbeke website.

Or go to NAPA and match the size up with their small engine parts. I have the NAPA p/n for the M25 etc, but not the M18.
Or visit your local well-stocked lawn/garden/tractor/mower dealer. Or check at Tractor Supply.
If you find a larger one you can trim it and tack the ends together w/ contact cement.

jviss

Feb 5, 2004
Tartan 3800 20 Westport, MA
A boat is generally a really clean environment, and usually a metal screen is sufficient, mostly to prevent the engine from sucking-in some foreign object that would damage it. The air is generally dust free.

jviss

Feb 5, 2004
Tartan 3800 20 Westport, MA
I need to replace the air filter on my M-18, and I can't find one on any Web site.
https://shop.toadmarinesupply.com/ships_store/index.php?p=details&mfc=Universal&sku=300429

Air Filter ( Element / Cleaner )
Part #300429 from Universal

This genuine Universal air filter / element works on the following Universal engines: M12, M2-12, M-15, 5411, M-18, M3-20, M-30 and M4-30

Our price: $16.60 - each​

My opinion, do without. If you must, and cost is an issue, it looks just like the foam sleeves used on lawn mowers.

If you replace with a K&N "something" you will probably have to give up the silencer; bad idea.

May 7, 2011
C - 30 # 3573 Lake NormanNC formerly Bflo NY
Jr is yours like the one shown in the parts manual or it it the coffee can type?
A pic?

Jun 5, 2012
Catalina 30 Lake Ouachita, AR
Thanks for all the helpful answers. I am far from the boat now, so I can't post a pic. The air filter is a foam sleeve about one inch long and six inches in diameter. It fits over a cylinder mad of expanded metal. That goes inside a sheet metal housing that clamps onto the air intake. I have searched everywhere I can think of for foam that I could make one from. Nothing I have found is right. All of the filter material I have found is too thick.