Need replacement propane hose

Dr. D

Nov 3, 2018
Beneteau Oceanis 35.1 Herrington Harbour North
The hose going from the propane tank to the regulator has cracked. The tube is a bit over 23" long with a male end to fit into the tank and female end for the regulator. Anyone know of a place to find a replacement? I've checked hardware stores and West Marine; the hoses they have about that length are male to male.

OTOH, as you can see, the adaptor for the regulator as a male to male adapter in it. Could I unscrew that adapter and use a standard hose with a male end and a female end? Or is the threading in the regulator some ridiculous spec that can't be found?
IMG_0313.jpegIMG_0312.jpegIMG_0311.jpeg

jviss

Feb 5, 2004
Tartan 3800 20 Westport, MA
1. I think you can unscrew that adapter;
2. Defender carries those hoses;
3. Use propane-compatible thread tape - it's yellow.

Been there, done that!

I now carry a spare "whip" - what they call those hoses. Would suck to have plenty of propane and no host to connect to the system!

Jun 20, 2021
Catalina '83 30 SR Universal 5411 Arkansas River
Lowes and Home Depot have a pretty good selection.

Last edited:

Tom J

Sep 30, 2008
Catalina 310 Quincy, MA
I got exactly what I needed for my RV's propane system online (probably eBay).

Dr. D

Nov 3, 2018
Thanks for the suggestions. I think I have the right one ordered.

Dr. D

Nov 3, 2018
This might drag on for a while, so here is what happened so far:
I ordered the pigtail from Defender, Beneteau, and another place. The one from Defender has not arrived. The one from Beneteau did, but it is the wrong pigtail (male end instead of female end).
I found the other place from the tag on the original pigtail, Fairview Fittings. They no longer make that pigtail, but the rep thought that Trident Rubber (formerly known as Trident Marine) would have the part. Trident Rubber did have some left and would sell me one which is unusual. They sell to distributors. However, this pigtail is so out of use that Trident Rubber no longer lists it in their catalog. I guess they were glad to get rid of one.