Need Replacement Companionway Hatch Seals

Aug 1, 2019
Beneteau Oceanis 34 Benicia Marina, CA
I just purchased a 2012 Beneteau Oceanis 34 and discovered I have some worn and broken “T-track” seals that the companionway hatch slides on. There are 4 rubber strips with some sort of felt substance that appear to be approximately 6 feet long. I noticed the hatch is made by NOVAL and they appear to have an active website. I’ve contacted them via their website but nobody returns my messages.

Does anybody know a better way to acquire those companionway hatch seals other than the manufacturer?

Aug 1, 2019
Beneteau Oceanis 34 Benicia Marina, CA
I'll get a better picture this weekend when I'm back on my boat. Essentially, the seal is shaped kind of like an "I" beam. The bottom of the seal slides into a 6-foot long aluminum "T" track. The seal is approximately 1/4" inch wide and about 3/8" tall. The top of the seal (I-beam shape) also has some sort of felt rub strip imbedded into the top of the 6-foot long rubber strip. The companionway track has two "T" tracks on each side; one is vertical and the other track is sideways.
Companionway Hatch.jpg

May 17, 2004
Beneteau Oceanis 37 Havre de Grace
You can get them from the Beneteau spare parts site, http://spareparts.beneteauusa.com. one of mine is tearing too so I called to confirm the part number earlier this year. For the Oceanis 37 it's part 082744, and I think the 34 is the same. Unfortunately you can only buy the whole set of 6 gaskets at once, and it's $133. When I found that out I figured I'd defer replacement for a bit. They don't seem to leak or slide any differently even when a little torn, so for now I'm just going with them.

Feb 21, 2010
Beneteau 31 016 St-Lawrence river
I had to replace two of those on my 31(I have 4 left). I think you can switch the bottom for lateral and put the bad part at the far end. I didn’t remember they were that expensive!

Jan 24, 2016
Beneteau Oceanis 34 Kilaben Bay
Hi GSpencer - amazing. I'm looking to the same thing also on a 2012 Oceanis 34!! I purchased the parts from Beneteau USA and am getting ready to install them. Assuming you've had some success (after not too many trials and tribulations), I wonder if you could provide some advice before I start this job.

Jan 22, 2008
Beneteau 323 Annapolis MD
Looking at those extrusions, I wonder if those seals are the same as on the sail slot of a roller furling mast? H shaped.

Feb 21, 2010
Hi GSpencer - amazing. I'm looking to the same thing also on a 2012 Oceanis 34!! I purchased the parts from Beneteau USA and am getting ready to install them. Assuming you've had some success (after not too many trials and tribulations), I wonder if you could provide some advice before I start this job.
Just unscrew the end-caps, remove the companionway and hatch plexis, pull out the old and feed in the new parts. Replace and you are done. Do not cut the new ones though they seem a bit long... push in.
Pierre

Jan 24, 2016
Beneteau Oceanis 34 Kilaben Bay
Merci Pierre! St Lawerence river eh! I grew up in Montreal, how far up or down the river are you??

Feb 21, 2010
Hello Graham,
I’m just a little up-river on lake St-Francis. Between Valleyfield and Cornwall. The St-Lawrence gives access to the Great Lakes and the Atlantic seaboard... being a river you must motor a lot going up and mostly sail going down.