Need polar chart for a Hunter 35.5

Status
Not open for further replies.
Jun 3, 2007
Hunter 260 Lake Lanier, GA
Does anyone have a polar chart for a Hunter 35.5? A friend is interested in racing his boat, and could use some help getting a jump on sail trim.
Thanks,
Bert
Sailing Lake Lanier, GA
Hunter 260

Alan

Jun 2, 2004
Hunter 35.5 LI, NY
Man, are you in luck!!

I just happen to have one :D If you only knew how rare this document is.

As far as I know I'm the only owner that has one.

..but the down side is that it's for a fin keel which I have. You could use it, though, as a starting point and make your own adjustments.

Attachments

Grizz

Jan 13, 2006
Hunter 28.5 Park Ridge, IL
Just lacking the 16 & 20 data points

Hey Alan. Just stumbled upon this section of the HOW site and saw your response @ Polars. Interesting, as we went through the effort this summer on my h 28.5 to capture the winds speeds you listed 'cept the 16 and 20 knots. Just couldn't get out on those days when the winds were right.

Had to cobble up exactly what you created from a combination of Polars from C-30 and a J-30 charts. Perhaps next year we'll fill in the rest of the blanks. It's nice to get affimation that we were/are kindsa on the right track.

Enjoy November, whatever it holds for you. take care.

Alan

Jun 2, 2004
Hunter 35.5 LI, NY
Grizz

It's interesting to note just how high you need to sail when running in light air. Holding 110 degrees in 8 kts yields the best down wind VMG. Try convincing many skippers that running DDW is not the best way to go.

You will find sailing to your 'numbers' produces much better results on the race course!:dance:

Status
Not open for further replies.