Need info on O'Day 25 Bow

Sep 24, 2018
O'Day 25 Chicago
I'm finishing up rebuilding my bow. It appears that my stem may have some additional bolts installed by a PO. Does anyone have a pic of their stem they could post? An O'Day 23 or 26 may also work

Last edited:
Feb 21, 2013
Hunter 46 Point Richmond, CA
What year? Do an internet search on " YEAR O'Day 25 Stern Images" and find plenty at different angles like this 1977:

1654124331462.png

Sep 24, 2018
O'Day 25 Chicago
I've changed the title of this thread a bit. Can anyone tell me how many screws/bolts are holding the stem and are they flathead screws or bolts?

Sep 24, 2018
O'Day 25 Chicago
Just outside. I think a PO put extra bolts in mine when the factory had only used flathead screws. This will tell me how much reinforcement needs to be done on the underside of the foredeck

Mar 2, 2019
Oday 25 Milwaukee
I was hoping I would be able to get home before dark to get you some photos of the stem fitting . I’ll try to get it done Saturday morning

Sep 24, 2018
O'Day 25 Chicago
Yep. A previous owner installed some extra hardware on the bowstem. It was one long bolt at a crazy angle. The nut down below was pushing into the wet core. After a very miserable few weeks with my head, grinder and fiberglass materials in the bow I had it back together. I ended up using an epoxy stick to build up around the exposed end of the bolt. At the end I put a fender washer so the nut would have something solid to push against. Don't underestimate the strength of this stuff. It's harder to grind away than fiberglass

Mar 16, 2021
O'Day 25 eagle mountain lake
Good to hear. I'll keep that epoxy stick in mind too. If it's similar stuff, I used some about 10 years ago to fix the kids tub and it's still holding.

Sep 24, 2018
O'Day 25 Chicago
Good to hear. I'll keep that epoxy stick in mind too. If it's similar stuff, I used some about 10 years ago to fix the kids tub and it's still holding.
I first used it when there was water spraying through a crack in a foundation during a flood. It significantly slowed it down.

After launching my O'Day for the first time I found a small leak in the paddle wheel speedometer through hull. I tried everything I could think of to stop the leak. The plumbers epoxy stick was the only thing that held up against the water pressure. It was harder to grind through the epoxy stick than fiberglass when it came to properly fixing the leak. I was quite surprised. I keep a stick of it on board at all times now