Need info for Stowe Navigator2 Wind Instrument

Status
Not open for further replies.
C

Chris Rice

I need to have the wind speed instrument on my '87 Hunter 40 serviced or replaced. I unplugged the vane from the masthead and the spinning cups are frozen. The instrument is connected to a Stowe Navigator 2 meter, but I can't find and ifo on Stowe, one of my marina neighbors says it may have been bought out by a larger company. Does anyone have a similar instrument and have a contact number or address? Thanks, Chris Rice S/V Sea Dawg

C

Chris Rice

Simrad owns them but does not support!

I tracked down the Simrad site but they say the Navigator2 is obsolete and want to sell their new units. I found a site in England that says they can repair it but would prefer a USA service or repair center. A search of the web shows a lot of boat listings with Navigator2 systems so I am hoping someone will know of a US company that supports them. Thanks

E

Ed Schwerin

Stowe/Simrad

I am missing the masthead transducer (one too many hurricanes)and explored the whole thing and after exhaustive searching decided to go with a new one. Sailnet has a Raytheon ST 40 Wind System pretty reasonable. Good luck

Status
Not open for further replies.