Need HydraHoist

Jan 4, 2006
Hunter 310 West Vancouver, B.C.
OK, 2:1 says it's the weight and not the year.

What is the hoist mounted on ?
What is the keel to cabin top dimension ?
What is the beam ?
Where is it going once it's above the water line ?
What's your final intention with the boat ?

We'll require much more information than what you're offering before we can make even a ballpark guess. If you are, in fact, interested in doing this, start off by posting several pictures showing where you are, end shots showing the beam and height and anything else which will help.

You've got a lot of highly experienced people looking at this right now.
HELP US TO HELP YOU ! ! !

Jan 11, 2014
Sabre 362 113 Fair Haven, NY
He's probably looking for a boat hoist for his J22 which weighs about 1800 lbs and has a 4' draft to put behind his house or camp so he can sail and not have a dock or mooring.

To be and to accommodate water level changes it will have to have a lift of at least 6-8 feet and be in at least 5 or more feet of water when the levels are the lowest.

The only lifts I've seen that can meet these criteria require driving piles into the bottom and then attaching the lifting arms to the pilings. This is pretty commonly done in Florida.

Of course, this is all supposition.

Oct 20, 2022
J boat 22 Chattanooga
2000lbs
Hydrahoi
OK, 2:1 says it's the weight and not the year.

What is the hoist mounted on ?
What is the keel to cabin top dimension ?
What is the beam ?
Where is it going once it's above the water line ?
What's your final intention with the boat ?

We'll require much more information than what you're offering before we can make even a ballpark guess. If you are, in fact, interested in doing this, start off by posting several pictures showing where you are, end shots showing the beam and height and anything else which will help.

You've got a lot of highly experienced people looking at this right now.
HELP US TO HELP YOU ! ! !
If someone has a hydrahoist for sale they know all that. I am in Chattanooga TN. You adjust the hoist to fit the boat. boat is a J22
st

Jan 11, 2014
Hydrahoi

If someone has a hydrahoist for sale they know all that. I am in Chattanooga TN. You adjust the hoist to fit the boat. boat is a J22
st
The photos on the Hydrahoist website all show power boats with relatively shallow draft. Have you seen a J22 or similar sailboat up on a hydrahoist? It would seem a little precarious to me.

It is a bit presumptuous to assume that everyone here knows what a hydrahoist is. Some knowledgeable folks asked relevant questions, since the initial post did not provide much information. To reply to their questions with a rather snarky response will not encourage supportive and helpful answers to future questions.

JRacer

Aug 9, 2011
Beneteau 310 Cheney KS (Wichita)
My old J24 (2750 #) was on a HydroHoist for 30 years. Have numerous racing boats (J24, Capri 22, Colgate 26) on hoists at our club (lake) currently. And, had a S2 7.9 (6,000 #) until this year, moved away. No issues.

IIRC it was an "H" model. has a "U" shaped section at the back connecting the pontoons so the keel can clear.

I would contact HydroHoist and ask what recent models can be adapted to sailboats and what parts are required to make the conversion. The S2's hoist was a relatively new one so I know that they have current models that can accommodate sailboats. My H Model was 1980's vintage and I know they don't make that one currently.

The bottom foot or so of my keel was in the water when the boat was lifted.

If you do locate a used "H" Model, be aware that parts are hard to come by.

Last edited:
Jan 11, 2014
My old J24 (2750 #) was on a HydroHoist for 30 years. Have numerous racing boats (J24, Capri 22, Colgate 26) on hoists at our club (lake) currently. And, had a S2 7.9 (6,000 #) until this year, moved away. No issues.

IIRC it was an "H" model. has a "U" shaped section at the back connecting the pontoons so the keel can clear.
Interesting. When I looked at the website no sailboats were shown. Those of us on the Great Lakes and on the coasts don't see those kinds of hoists. If the keel is nestled down between the floats that lowers the CG which would be a good thing.