Need HIN # to document my S2 8.0 CC

Status
Not open for further replies.
May 14, 2009
2 26 cc (8.0) Tucson
Friends,

I think my last thread was less than clear. In the process of registering and naming my S2, I realize I need to make a rubbung of the correct HIN (Hull Identification Number) off the identification plate. I have looked in all the places I could imagine. Does any one know where that information is on the S2 8.0 CC?

Thanks

Mar 14, 2007
S2 9.2A Seattle, WA
HIN Location

I don't know about the other S2's, but on the 9.2A the HIN is in the gel coat the upper right hand side of the transom. I had to do the same thing with the rubbing, my HIN had a typo error from the original title, the Coast Guard finally picked it up on a courtesy inspection at the marina. The title had SSVxxxxx and it should be SSUxxxxx.

Dec 6, 2005
S2 8.0 c Chesapeake City, MD
HIN Number

Friends,

I think my last thread was less than clear. In the process of registering and naming my S2, I realize I need to make a rubbung of the correct HIN (Hull Identification Number) off the identification plate. I have looked in all the places I could imagine. Does any one know where that information is on the S2 8.0 CC?

Thanks

I had to make a rubbing recentlyon my 1977 8.0cc, my HIN number is on the stern, starboard side just under the rub rail

Dec 6, 2005
S2 8.0 c Chesapeake City, MD
Typo

I don't know about the other S2's, but on the 9.2A the HIN is in the gel coat the upper right hand side of the transom. I had to do the same thing with the rubbing, my HIN had a typo error from the original title, the Coast Guard finally picked it up on a courtesy inspection at the marina. The title had SSVxxxxx and it should be SSUxxxxx.

my registration had the V/U typo as well!

Status
Not open for further replies.